Did they stiff SP players?
It seems that when I try to find out where I can find a rune or a rare item, it is always in 1000th's or worse.

This may be fine for BNET where they have many players over a long period of time and will see everything sooner or later.

The SP players have no chance to get any semi rare runes, let alone a rare one. Want a Raven Frost or ROJ, not going to happen.

Some items like Jalah's Mane are in the hundreds of thousands of a percent. I am not sure how much time I have in D2 and LOD, but I have had them since they came out and have run many characters. Several finished NM and part of Hell, but I have only seen 1 DOL, 1 LUM and nothing else above the basic 9 runes.

In fact only one IO, many of the better Sets have not had any items show up so far. I think they should lossen up for SP, at least once they get to Hell.

Also I was wondering if there is a complete list of unique items some place? I found an PF of uniques for amulets and rings, but none for Weapons/armor etc.

What about rares? Is there any place tha has a list of all the things that could be found? Is it just that it can be nearly any como of affixes?
I do think certain special items were reserved for ladder play, to encourage people playing it.

But the real reason why you don't see the great items is that you can't leech and powerlevel in single player, thus you don't have uber godly characters to MF and kill bosses every 10 seconds. Also, you can't trade with people who have godly items thanks to their botting and duping. If you tried playing multiplayer by yourself, you'd probaly get similar results.

Thus, for the most part, the better items you find in multiplayer are more of a delusion than anything else. :)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
The reason items are so much easier to get on b.net is that there's such rampant cheating. If you don't use dirty items, then the high-end stuff is out of reach there, too.

Actually, I'd say that SP players have a huge advantage: ATMA. It's just so much easier to mule in SP than on b.net because of that. You don't need a new character when your old one's full, since you can just use a stash instead. You don't need to spend 2 hours burning in every new mule. You don't have to burn in a game every time you want to mule, and then risk losing it all to a b.net glitch. You don't have to refresh every mule every 3 months. You don't have to worry about organizing your mules.

So if you aren't trading for dirty items, and instead try to accumulate the wealth by yourself, SP is much friendlier.

(Unless you're a purist and won't do any sort of muling or any sort of twinking. But then there's no difference between SP and b.net).

There are practically infinitely many rare items possible, if you consider all the different base items, different affix possibilities, different values for random ranges, different names, etc. A checklist would be meaningless.
What about unique items list? That is static is it not?
vmxa,Oct 19 2004, 08:59 PM Wrote:What about unique items list? That is static is it not?
[right][snapback]57763[/snapback][/right]

Just use the Chaos Sanctuary or Diabloii.net. I prefer the latter.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"

I would disagree with that for another reason - the "players x" command. Drops are better with more players in the game, and you can simulate an eight player game in SP. Just try and find an eight player game to solo in on Bnet ! The only ones I ever see last about five minutes while the cows get slaughtered, and then the players all move to the next cow game. :blink:

I used to play SP or TCP/IP games only. I have only moved to the Bnet Ladder because I found a very congenial group of people to play coop with. Levelling a character is a much longer process now, albeit more fun if I can do it in the company of others. :D
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Nitpick, now it's arreat summit
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Still in multiplyer, there are a lot more characters looking for items, and a lot more magic finders, which makes it a lot easier to find good items. My multiplayer characters are certainly doing better item wise than my single player ones thanks to this.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
ShadowHM,Oct 19 2004, 10:59 PM Wrote:I would disagree with that for another reason - the "players x" command.  Drops are better with more players in the game, and you can simulate an eight player game in SP.    Just try and find an eight player game to solo in on Bnet !  The only ones I ever see last about five minutes while the cows get slaughtered, and then the players all move to the next cow game.  :blink:

I used to play SP or TCP/IP games only.  I have only moved to the Bnet Ladder because I found a very congenial group of people to play coop with.  Levelling a character is a much longer process now, albeit more fun if I can do it in the company of others.    :D
[right][snapback]57769[/snapback][/right]
The problem is that SP is really tough at players 8, and you still don't get the amount of items that you would get online. I've found so many great uniques in SP, but all for the wrong classes. I found an oculus as a zon, a buriza as a sorc. Skin of the vipermagi as a barb. The list goes on. Thats why in my opinion, these high end uniques and runewords are a BAD thing. They overpower the game when nothing can come close to being as good. In my opinion, it would be better to improve rare item capabilities and nerf many uniques and runewords. In retrospect, blizzard could also decrease the difficulty in act5 hell a tad, since these uber items would be much weaker.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
Hi!

I guess you might have experienced what they usually call 'bad luck'!
Until I stopped playing LoD six months ago, and re-installed DII 1.06,
I found some of the following: (excerpt)

- all runes up to UM, LUM and PUL frequently, furthermore some ISTS, and I think even o n e BER...
- many good Uniques, including Windforce, Veil of Steel, Arreat's Face, Heaven's Light,Bartuc's Cut-Throat, Firelizard's Talons, Templar's Might, The Oculus and many more...
- enough gems to choke on them...
- back in the days when they were good: several really godly rares, even a few dual leech rings...
- many nice set items; a full set was really hard to obtain due to the lack of trading/ twinking in SP (Win XP + LoopbackAdapt. wasn't available to me a long time)...

Me too has bought the game when it came out. Me too has played it more than I should have. I just lately went back to 1.06 to make a FO sorceress that would finally fill the screen with them with fast cast again. I don't mean to bragg, but I don't think SP is hard at all! It may well not be as easy as battle.net, and maybe some folks that are used to it could think SP is hard. But if you get used to it, it really gets easy!
And, if your chars get stronger and stronger, you may follow Shadows advice and try out the players x command. I wouldn't advise for players 8 in all cases, though. Monsters can get very tough then, this is for the strongest chars only.

What I mean to say is: Cheer up!

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
I never said it was hard. I killed diablo in hell with out even using a potion.

But in fact the odds say I had par for the course. If you got all those runes straight up, then you have better luck than any human could expect.

Getting an UM is .0015 for countess in Hell. After that it drops to .00003. What is that 3 in 100,000 (this is the 1st time for Andy)? So pardon me for being a bit skecptical. When you add in all those other runes you mention, it has got to be in the millions, I don't like my chances.

I have plenty of great rares and uniques as well, those come in time.

vmxa,Oct 27 2004, 09:22 AM Wrote:Getting an UM is .0015 on first time for countess in Hell. After that it drops to .00003.
[right][snapback]58361[/snapback][/right]

The Countess has the same drop chances regardless of how often you kill her.
Sorry you are correct. I took a quick glance an the list had 1st for all the one in it except the Countess.

vmxa,Oct 27 2004, 10:22 AM Wrote:But in fact the odds say I had par for the course. If you got all those runes straight up, then you have better luck than any human could expect.[right][snapback]58361[/snapback][/right]

Not sure because you use quick reply, but if this was in reference to Fraigbaits post:

Fraigbait Wrote:Until I stopped playing LoD six months ago, and re-installed DII 1.06,

Do note he is talking about 1.06. There was a large overhaul of drops post 1.06. Its easy to confuse, nothing to worry about, just wanted to clarify :)

Cheers,

Munk
Archon_Wing,Oct 19 2004, 08:50 PM Wrote:If you tried playing multiplayer by yourself, you'd probaly get similar results.[right][snapback]57758[/snapback][/right]
I can attest to that one.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Munkay,Oct 28 2004, 01:31 AM Wrote:Not sure because you use quick reply, but if this was in reference to Fraigbaits post:

Fraigbait Wrote:Until I stopped playing LoD six months ago, and re-installed DII 1.06,

Do note he is talking about 1.06. There was a large overhaul of drops post 1.06. Its easy to confuse, nothing to worry about, just wanted to clarify :)

Cheers,

Munk
[right][snapback]58414[/snapback][/right]
Hi!

Um, maybe I'm not getting this righto, but when I said:

Quote:Until I stopped playing LoD six months ago, and re-installed DII 1.06,
I found some of the following: (excerpt)

- all runes up to UM, LUM and PUL frequently, furthermore some ISTS, and I think even o n e BER...
- many good Uniques, including Windforce, Veil of Steel, Arreat's Face, Heaven's Light,Bartuc's Cut-Throat, Firelizard's Talons, Templar's Might, The Oculus and many more...
- enough gems to choke on them...
- back in the days when they were good: several really godly rares, even a few dual leech rings...
- many nice set items; a full set was really hard to obtain due to the lack of trading/ twinking in SP (Win XP + LoopbackAdapt. wasn't available to me a long time)...

Me too has bought the game when it came out. Me too has played it more than I should have. I just lately went back to 1.06

what I meant was: I bought DII when it came out (in Germany). Must have been June 2000 or so. I bought LoD and upgraded to it when it came out (somewhen in 2001). I've been playing the most recent patches since then, although it took me some months to upgrade to 1.10. Six months ago, though, I figured I'd go back to patch 1.06 for the said reasons. When I listed my founds that I don't consider especially 'lucky', I was referring to the time when I applied the latest patches regularly (spring 2000 - spring 2004).
Hope this clarifies a bit (ignore if there is no confusion).

Greetings, Fragbait

PS: Munkay, it is 'Fragbait'. Just a minor tidbit...
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
My apologies Fragbait!

I've got to stop checking the lounge directly after naps, its my 'slowly waking up' exercise. Re-reading your post, I realize the only confusion came from my side!

Thanks for pointing it out. I'm going to go crawl back into bed now... ;)

Cheers,

Munk
All I can say about the different patches is that I got the game day 1 and upgraded to LoD when it came out.

I put on patches as they came out, except for 1.10, which I waited a bit.

I do not have any idea of how many hundreds of hours I have played, but I still never got any Fel/Hel/Mal/Gul/Ber/Vex/Zod/Cham/Ko/Pul/Um/Ist/Ohm/Lo/Sur/Jah.

Only 1 Lum and 1 Lem and 2 Dol and 1 Io.

So runewords are basically imaterial as I cannot make very many. Those that I can are not useful at this stage.

I cannot attest as to the odds on 1.06, I can only say it was no different for me than 1.09 or 1.10. I can say that an Um was even harder to get in 1.07 (.00002 Summoner hell) than it is in 1.10.
vmxa,Oct 28 2004, 09:30 AM Wrote:I cannot attest as to the odds on 1.06, I can only say it was no different for me than 1.09 or 1.10. I can say that an Um was even harder to get in 1.07 (.00002 Summoner hell) than it is in 1.10.
[right][snapback]58470[/snapback][/right]

In 1.06, the chances of getting any rune are 0%, since runes exist only in the expansion, which started out at 1.07.