What does Requirements -nn do?
What I am seeing is that even with several items having -20 or -25 Requirements, it does not allow me to use a weapon with Dex 120.

I had about 81 in Dex with a small item boost. I was not able to use the two handed weapon.

I have changede some gear to get to 117 Dex and still cannot use it. So the items with requiremens -20 or -25 had no effect on it. So I guess it is only for the item that has that trait/attribute.

It is a unique called ARIOC's Needle. A Hyperion Spear:

105-359 /very fast attack/20% ehnaced dmg/
+393 poison over 10 seconds
30% IAS
Ignore target defense
+4 all skill levels
50% Deadly Strike

Exactly what does Deadly Strike do anyway?
vmxa,Oct 18 2004, 07:24 PM Wrote:What I am seeing is that even with several items having -20 or -25 Requirements, it does not allow me to use a weapon with Dex 120.

I had about 81 in Dex with a small item boost. I was not able to use the two handed weapon.

I have changede some gear to get to 117 Dex and still cannot use it. So the items with requiremens -20 or -25 had no effect on it. So I guess it is only for the item that has that trait/attribute.

30% IAS
Ignore target defense
+4 all skill levels
50% Deadly Strike
[right][snapback]57698[/snapback][/right]

The -requirements does apply only to the item it's on. The effect of the -requirements is already reflected in the listed strength/dexterity requirements of that item (the level requirement is not affected).

Deadly strike is a chance to double your physical damage from an attack.
vmxa,Oct 18 2004, 09:24 PM Wrote:What I am seeing is that even with several items having -20 or -25 Requirements, it does not allow me to use a weapon with Dex 120.

30% IAS
Ignore target defense
+4 all skill levels
50% Deadly Strike
[right][snapback]57698[/snapback][/right]
-req works only on the item it is socketed on. If you put it in arioc's needle, it would display a lower requirement for str/dex based on the -req %.

Deadly strike doubles damage, but does not work in conjunction with critical strikes. Pretty much, you first roll for critical strike. If that misses, you roll for a deadly strike. Therefore, your 50% deadly strike on the weapon and say a 50% critical strike would not equal 100% double damage. A simple (or complex) math formula can tell you what your effective % double damage really is with critical and deadly strike both on the same character, but it has to do with combinations or permutations and I dont care enough right now to figure it out.

Edit: wow, looks like adeyke beat me to it by 3 minutes...
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Oct 18 2004, 07:51 PM Wrote:Deadly strike doubles damage, but does not work in conjunction with critical strikes.  Pretty much, you first roll for critical strike.  If that misses, you roll for a deadly strike.  Therefore, your 50% deadly strike on the weapon and say a 50% critical strike would not equal 100% double damage.  A simple (or complex) math formula can tell you what your effective % double damage really is with critical and deadly strike both on the same character, but it has to do with combinations or permutations and I dont care enough right now to figure it out.
[right][snapback]57702[/snapback][/right]

For the overall chance of double damage, use any of these (they're mathematically equivalent):

CS + DS - (CS * DS)
CS + (1 - CS) * DS
DS + (1 - DS) * CS
1 - ((1 - CS) * (1 - DS))

(Of course, values should be in decimals, not percents).
Thanks
Hum, what about Open Wounds and Cushing Blow are those chances for double damage? How does one find discriptions for these attributes?

I do not see them in any documents, not even the strat guides. After all of these years they should have added this stuff into a PDF or the readme.
vmxa,Oct 18 2004, 10:44 PM Wrote:Hum, what about Open Wounds and Cushing Blow are those chances for double damage? How does one find discriptions for these attributes?

I do not see them in any documents, not even the strat guides. After all of these years they should have added this stuff into a PDF or the readme.
[right][snapback]57707[/snapback][/right]

<_<

Those are explained on the AS. However, I prefer the explanation on this page.
adeyke,Oct 19 2004, 12:48 AM Wrote:<_<

Those are explained on the AS.&nbsp; However, I prefer the explanation on this page.
[right][snapback]57708[/snapback][/right]

Agreed. I've tried to find a use for the AS, but it never goes into enough detail to be any worth past cube recipies and/or item stats. It doesnt give the qlvls to uniques or anything else, making it rather useless to me.

Open Wounds are like poison damage, but more closely related to a negative life regeneration than poison since it can't be resisted. Crushing blow cuts the current life of the defender by a set fraction described in the preferred explanation. Note that Crushing blow is applied before damage.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
Great, thanks again.