Hellfire Internet Multiplayer
Hi Lurkers,

a few days ago I started playing Diablo with a friend over battle.net again (we are lvl 17 at the moment :)). But we are playing Diablo and not Hellfire, so we don't have new levels, items etc. Isn't is possible to convert our Heroes from Diablo to Hellfire and play Hellfire over Internet? Basically there are two problems. I installed Hellfire with the latest Patch+Multiplayer Crack (+ Hellfire Fixed), but is there any possibility to play Hellfire in Multiplayer over Internet or are you only able to play it in LAN/ with modem/direct connection? Or is there a tool?
There are some tools for Starcraft/Warcraft III ("Battle.lan") which allow you to play these games over Internet but without using battle.net (the host creates a LAN game and the client starts battlelan, types in the host IP and can join this game in his LAN screen). Is there a similar tool for Hellfire?

And our second problem is to convert the Diablo characters to Hellfire. We are playing Diablo 1.09 right now, so we aren't able to use these "old" backup tools (which worked well with <1.08). Is it possible to transfer an 1.09 character to Hellfire?

with best regards

Malla
Malla,Oct 18 2004, 08:37 PM Wrote:Isn't is possible to convert our Heroes from Diablo to Hellfire and play Hellfire over Internet? Basically there are two problems. I installed Hellfire with the latest Patch+Multiplayer Crack (+ Hellfire Fixed), but is there any possibility to play Hellfire in Multiplayer over Internet or are you only able to play it in LAN/ with modem/direct connection? Or is there a tool?
There are some tools for Starcraft/Warcraft III ("Battle.lan") which allow you to play these games over Internet but without using battle.net (the host creates a LAN game and the client starts battlelan, types in the host IP and can join this game in his LAN screen). Is there a similar tool for Hellfire?

And our second problem is to convert the Diablo characters to Hellfire. We are playing Diablo 1.09 right now, so we aren't able to use these "old" backup tools (which worked well with <1.08). Is it possible to transfer an 1.09 character to Hellfire?

To my knowledge, Kali is the only way to play Hellfire over the Internet, although I'm sure you could adapt the existing battle.lan tool with a little time and effort. It's generally considered a bad idea to take your characters into Hellfire. As I recall, even when it works, you must give up your items. If you're strongly bent on using Hellfire, just restart. Sierra broke so many things anyway that it's even easier than Diablo. :)
Hmm i don't think that it is possible to play it with battlelan, as you need a programe, which creates a tcp/udp connection between two computers and sends all the IPX network traffic over the tcp/udp connection to the other computer.
Kali does it exactly the same way, doesn't it?

Did anyone try "Gamer's Internet Tunnel" (GIT)? I think this programe is what I need, but it isn't easy to configure it properly. Apart from that, it doesn't detect my network device, so I couldn't test it so far. :(

http://www.morpheussoftware.net/git/
I have never tried this, but I think it should be possible to setup your own TCP or UDP tunnel for IPX (e.g. http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/IPX-HOWTO-15.html ). It will probably require a solid knowledge of networking and Linux/UNIX though (or alternatively, alot of fooling around).
That GIT program looks like it is capable of doing the job, too.
Well, finally after several weeks I got it. I'm now able to play Hellfire via Internet!

At first we had problems to configure GIT properly, but after one or two hours, we managed it to get it working. But you aren't bound to Hellfire, you can also play Diablo (all versions) and any Hellfire mod (e.g. Hellfire:Fixed) with it.

Zunamic (the guy who has tested it with me) has written a short guide on how to play Hellfire over Internet. Unfortunately, this guide is in german, but on the screenshots you will see how to configure GIT (this is the most difficult thing I guess).

If you have any questions feel free to post it here or drop me a mail.

best regards

Malla
Malla,Oct 20 2004, 03:17 PM Wrote:Did anyone try "Gamer's Internet Tunnel" (GIT)? I think this programe is what I need, but it isn't easy to configure it properly. Apart from that, it doesn't detect my network device, so I couldn't test it so far. :(
[right][snapback]57806[/snapback][/right]

I came across this back in march and posted a thread about it. I didn't get any replies. How does it compare to Kali as far as lag goes?
DeeBye,Nov 25 2004, 02:13 AM Wrote:I came across this back in march and posted a thread about it.&nbsp; I didn't get any replies.&nbsp; How does it compare to Kali as far as lag goes?
[right][snapback]61171[/snapback][/right]

I haven't played Hellfire with Kali, but when I played Hellfire via GIT yesterday, I was very surprised. The latency was very low, it was at least as good as playing Diablo on battle.net. :)