Tribes Vengeance
Anybody played the demo or own it? Impressions? Brief reviews? How does it run on your computer (with specs please). I'm looking for a new shooter to play (single player) that I can run.
unrealshadow13,Oct 13 2004, 04:07 AM Wrote:Anybody played the demo or own it? Impressions? Brief reviews? How does it run on your computer (with specs please). I'm looking for a new shooter to play (single player) that I can run.
[right][snapback]57526[/snapback][/right]

Do you actually try searching at Starsiege or Starsiege: Tribes fora for this kind of stuff?
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Never heard of them but I'd rather hear what people think as opposed to people who are obsessed with series X and will say its the best game ever no mater what.
unrealshadow13,Oct 14 2004, 02:08 AM Wrote:Never heard of them but I'd rather hear what people think as opposed to people who are obsessed with series X and will say its the best game ever no mater what.
[right][snapback]57566[/snapback][/right]

Well, judging by the lack of replies on this thread, it's safe to say either 1) nobody knows or 2) nobody cares. I'm betting on the latter.

And if you HAD gone to a forum about Tribes: Vengeance or had done a Google search, you would have found out that Tribes: Vengeance is the ninth game using the Starsiege universe and the missing third component of the original Starsiege trilogy.

Then again, you're a moron. Or at least play the part to a T. As in troll. ;)
I never asked whether it was in the 'starsiege' universe I asked if people had played the game.
Bit harsh, eh?

All he asked was if any of us had played the game, or the demo. I can't see anything wrong with that. Is there some war going on between you two?
My two cents: No, I haven't played the game. But I've heard it's rather oldish from an up-to-date point of view, so the specs shouldn't be a problem.

Greetings, Fragbait

PS: Hi my countess!
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Fragbait,Oct 20 2004, 01:57 PM Wrote:Bit harsh, eh?

All he asked was if any of us had played the game, or the demo. I can't see anything wrong with that. Is there some war going on between you two?
My two cents: No, I haven't played the game. But I've heard it's rather oldish from an up-to-date point of view, so the specs shouldn't be a problem.

Anything Tribes is good. Tribes is your god.

BOW TO THE TRIBES, FOOLISH HEATHENS. BOW OR BE FACE BROKEN BY DANGER_DAVE AND HIS STORMHAMMER. OR BE CONSUMED IN THE CONFLAGRATION OF HIS PLAS-CANNON. FLEE TINY MORTAL. FLEE... YOUR MORTAL COIL.

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.
Humans taste like fish.

It runs on the Unreal 2k4 engine, is supposed to have excellent single-player, and, of course, good Tribes multiplayer.

I'm the whirlwind, baby!
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
unrealshadow13,Oct 14 2004, 03:00 PM Wrote:I never asked whether it was in the 'starsiege' universe I asked if people had played the game.
[right][snapback]57611[/snapback][/right]

Surprise! It is Starsiege.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Fragbait,Oct 20 2004, 08:57 PM Wrote:All he asked was if any of us had played the game, or the demo. I can't see anything wrong with that

He doesn't like me because I make typos.
unrealshadow13,Oct 21 2004, 12:05 AM Wrote:He doesn't like me because I make typos.
[right][snapback]57836[/snapback][/right]

I enjoy your posts.
DeeBye,Oct 21 2004, 06:25 AM Wrote:I enjoy your posts.
[right][snapback]57837[/snapback][/right]

seconded!!

:D

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Fragbait,Oct 20 2004, 03:57 PM Wrote:Bit harsh, eh?

Greetings, Fragbait
PS: Hi my countess!
[right][snapback]57811[/snapback][/right]

No. She's right, or I'm a pimple on her fat jewish ass. :)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

unrealshadow13,Oct 21 2004, 12:05 AM Wrote:He doesn't like me because I make typos.
[right][snapback]57836[/snapback][/right]

I don't think I've ever seen Count Duckula get on someone's case for making a few typos. It doesn't seem to be her style. :)
Tal,Oct 21 2004, 07:12 PM Wrote:I don't think I've ever seen Count Duckula get on someone's case for making a few typos. It doesn't seem to be her style. :)
[right][snapback]57884[/snapback][/right]

I dunno...it's just the general idiocy...

I'm torn. There are times where certain people--not just US13--make posts that do nothing other than provoke, and this is Classic Troll Behavior ™. I've also visited the forum US13 links to in his profile and it feels like he's thumbing his nose at the Lounge.

Could it be I'm overreacting? Maybe. There used to be a time where people felt the need to prove themselves worthy to be a part of the Lounge or the DSF, where neither Pete nor Occhi curbed their tongues (fingers?). Whenever I see someone posting about third-party programs or rushing or even attempting to back up their opinions with personal attacks (again, not directed solely at one person), I think back to the old days where their ass would burn brighter than a Hibachi grill thanks to the rabid defenders of legitimacy.

Am I overreacting? Or have we become a kinder, gentler Diablo community?