Australian/NZ Release Date
http://www.worldofwar.net/pressdesk/ausrelease.php

BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT® ANNOUNCES WORLD OF WARCRAFT® FOR AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND - 18th October 2004
The game will be available for purchase in both regions at the same time as in North America and Korea, marking the first simultaneous release of an MMORPG in these four regions. The announcement is being greeted with excitement in New Zealand and Australia, where the Warcraft® series is one of the biggest-selling PC gaming brands.* Further details regarding the game’s availability will be announced at a later date.

“Players in Australia and New Zealand have always shown a lot of enthusiasm for Blizzard games, so we’re especially pleased to be able to release World of Warcraft in those regions simultaneously with Korea and North America,” stated Mike Morhaime, Blizzard Entertainment president and co-founder. “One of our goals has been to make World of Warcraft available around the world as quickly as possible, and today’s announcement marks a big step for us toward achieving that goal.”

---------

Any Australians here excited? I was going to have to go through all the trouble of finding one of my family in america, convince them to let me use their american billing address, find an american form of payment, etc.... now I get to play hassle free!
Not to wish to spoil your anticipation, but WoW is just not ready for release. There are too many bugs and broken quests and features that are not yet implemented. Certainly WoW is fun and addicting, and if it came out tomorrow I would probably sign up.

I don't have a problem with the fact that some areas of the game world are not yet implemented. That would be OK for release in my opinion.

Two brief examples of what I do object to: talents are an important feature; I play primarily a paladin; no talents are implemented for the paladin. Sure Blizzard could get paladin talents in the game for a premature release, but they would not be well tested. In the beta I don't mind if they make various changes that affect my character, but I don't want them tweaking in release. Think what would happen if Blizzard rearranged the D2 spell trees.

Secondly, as an example of a bug, last night my character was continually flagged as being in combat, which means she could not eat, drink, ride her horse, use a healing aura, or even log out. The only way I could find to break the combat condition was to leave the zone (region of the game world) and come back. Whereupon she would get stuck again. A Blizzard GM said it was a known problem that they were working on.

I know I said two examples, but I cannot resist a third: the air transport system is malfunctioning. With the latest patch gryphons are plunging from the sky. Night before last my client crashed after a gryphon took sick in flight. When I logged back in I was in deep water with my breath and fatigue bars dangerously low. One can only wonder what happens when you drown on a gryphon in the middle of the sea.

Edit: spelling.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Use a potion or spell for Water-Breathing?

Shaman also don't have talents, and everyone knows Shaman are better than Paladins.

Also, I felt that some of the monsters needed some tweaking - my Warrior was finding it absurdly difficult to hit Zhevra and Hyenas that were two levels lower than he, but had absolutely no difficulty in repeatedly massacring an Alliance (scumbag) Rogue several levels higher than him. Granted, the target's Defense is what determines to-hit in PvP, but I thought that was kinda obscene - monsters two levels lower (single monsters - not groups) repeatedly defeated him in combat, while he repeatedly defeated a player several levels higher.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Oct 21 2004, 05:55 PM Wrote:Use a potion or spell for Water-Breathing?
[right][snapback]57898[/snapback][/right]
Lat time I looked, the Paladins do not have a spell for waterbreathing. And I am sure that all players always carry water breathing potions just in case their griffon flight decides to take dive in the drink (same as airline passangers always take life jackets onboard with them on flight that go over water).

Quote:Shaman also don't have talents, and everyone knows Shaman are better than Paladins.

Umm..... Shamans have had talents for a couple of patches now.......

Its currently only the Paladins and Hunters that do not have talents implemented.
Ruvanal,Oct 21 2004, 07:21 PM Wrote:Lat time I looked, the Paladins do not have a spell for waterbreathing.  And I am sure that all players always carry water breathing potions just in case their griffon flight decides to take dive in the drink (same as airline passangers always take life jackets onboard with them on flight that go over water).
[right][snapback]57900[/snapback][/right]

Of course I always carry my diving helmet, but on boarding a gryphon I usually equip my flight goggles, with the expectation that the greater part of the journey will be by air. Sipping a water breathing potion or two before the flight might relieve some anxiety for the passengers and provide needed extra revenue for the gryphon masters.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."