Classic Diablo II
Now I am back to playing classic Diablo II. To be honest it is refreshing in a very positive way. No duped items, duped runes, advertising in channels and games etc...

However I do have some unanswered questions.
What elite items will drop in a ladder classic game and what are completely non accessible items worth mentioning?

Stats on characters must be different or are they?

Does anyone know where can I find detailed information on what sets and items I can expect in Classic Diablo II?
ClassicM,Oct 11 2004, 09:24 PM Wrote:What elite items will drop in a ladder classic game and what are completely non accessible items worth mentioning?[right][snapback]57456[/snapback][/right]

No elites will drop; elite items were added in the expansion. You won't find any exceptional set/uniques, either. Or runes, so that's runewords out. Basically, you're looking for exceptional rares. That means you're relying on a) a lucky drop, b) a lucky imbue, c) gambling. ;-)
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Oct 11 2004, 10:31 PM Wrote:No elites will drop; elite items were added in the expansion.  You won't find any exceptional set/uniques, either.  Or runes, so that's runewords out.  Basically, you're looking for exceptional rares.  That means you're relying on a) a lucky drop, B) a lucky imbue, c) gambling. ;-)
[right][snapback]57463[/snapback][/right]

So per say I am limited to exceptional rares to fight whatever comes my way.
:o

If so are rare propeties enhanced in classic?
ClassicM,Oct 11 2004, 04:43 PM Wrote:So per say I am limited to exceptional rares to fight whatever comes my way.

If so are rare propeties enhanced in classic?
[right][snapback]57466[/snapback][/right]

Most of the good affixes are expansion-only. For example, the best ED you can get on a rare weapon in classic is 200%, compared to the 450% you can get in LoD.
ClassicM,Oct 11 2004, 04:43 PM Wrote:So per say I am limited to exceptional rares to fight whatever comes my way.
[right][snapback]57466[/snapback][/right]

Hey now... I have played classic forever and considing the level of competition isn't near that of expansion those normal (yes normal) sets and uniques are pretty good (twitch woot!). (unless you are one of those absessive players who needs the best equipment of the realm) >.< hate those people.
If you want to play Classic D2 on Battle.net, I'd recommend to play a more or less item-independant class like the D2 Mages (Sorceress, Necro). If, on the other hand, you just want to play Single-Player Classic D2, reinstall the "real" Classic D2 with patch 1.06B :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
ClassicM,Oct 11 2004, 04:24 PM Wrote:Now I am back to playing classic Diablo II. To be honest it is refreshing in a very positive way. No duped items, duped runes, advertising in channels and games etc...
However I do have some unanswered questions.
What elite items will drop in a ladder classic game and what are completely non accessible items worth mentioning?
Stats on characters must be different or are they?

Does anyone know where can I find detailed information on what sets and items I can expect in Classic Diablo II?
[right][snapback]57456[/snapback][/right]

if you play NL there are dupes all over the place :angry: i dont know if they can dupe on ladder but the stuff they use in NL seem to be all very old rare items. there should always be fewer dupes in ladder then NL but like all things one can just not use them.
-Tempus-
Only play PoE now.
-Tempus-,Nov 15 2004 Wrote:if you play NL there are dupes all over the place&nbsp; :angry: i dont know if they can dupe on ladder but the stuff they use in NL seem to be all very old rare items. there should always be fewer dupes in ladder then NL but like all things one can just not use them.
[right][snapback]60251[/snapback][/right]

on classic ladder I would go as far to say there is no dupes. and yes, the NL items are very old rare items. the same ones duped over and over... who has the real one? lol
Dynomite,Nov 15 2004, 10:46 PM Wrote:on classic ladder I would go as far to say there is no dupes.&nbsp; and yes, the NL items are very old rare items.&nbsp; the same ones duped over and over... who has the real one? lol
[right][snapback]60294[/snapback][/right]

When an item is duped, you don't end up with the legit original and a dirty dupe. You end up with two dirty dupes. It really doesn't matter where "the real one" is.
adeyke,Nov 16 2004, 12:14 AM Wrote:When an item is duped, you don't end up with the legit original and a dirty dupe.&nbsp; You end up with two dirty dupes.&nbsp; It really doesn't matter where "the real one" is.
[right][snapback]60295[/snapback][/right]

That may be true but, I was talking about who had one originally. Someone had to have a authentic one for there to be a dupe. Just change the word has to had. ;)
Dynomite,Nov 16 2004, 08:06 PM Wrote:That may be true but, I was talking about who had one originally.&nbsp; Someone had to have a authentic one for there to be a dupe.&nbsp; Just change the word has to had.&nbsp; ;)
[right][snapback]60320[/snapback][/right]

the people i use to game with often have better stuff then what others called godly dupes. its just the people that have/had great rares didnt show them to people that didnt trust. with MH thats hard to do since they can see what you have on but before that everyone wanted to see what high lev chars had on. one reason why you wouldnt want to show your items is the fear they would try and hack your account to get the items. or when you could pop when you died they would pickup your stuff and run.

-Tempus-
Only play PoE now.