Hello from Shadows Edge
Greetings, Loungers. I have not posted here before, but as a long-time D2 player, I have often consulted these forums, and the guides and information created by your members. I have always been impressed by the high quality of the folks around here.

Right now, I am an officer of a WoW guild called Shadows Edge. We are a guild focusing on mature players; most of our 50+ active members are in their thirties. (You may check our roster for details.) We are most interested in endgame PvE raiding, but we are not powergamers (in the bad sense of that word).

When it comes time to select a server for our guild to be on, we would like to find one with other like-minded people on it. I suspect that yours is just such a group. So I would like to open up a dialogue now, so that when the time comes, if we wish to coordinate server selection, or establish any sort of inter-guild relations, the foundations will already be there. Perhaps we can be on the same server in the Open Beta, to help us get to know one another before retail.

Feel free to visit our forums and say hello. I look forward to talking to you.
Hello again. With the Stress Test and Open Beta fast approaching, we at Shadows Edge are deciding which server to be on. Have you folks decided which server to pick?

We are going to have two branches of our guild during the ST/OB period: Alliance PvE, and Horde (maybe PvE, maybe PvP). The plan now is to pick the first server beginning with the letter N.

Do you know where you will be?
Since we don't know what the choices are, we can't really decide now. It'll probably be a snap decision made on game day, or whenever the actual list of servers come out. I imagine that we will have a mix of horde, alliance, PvP and not, so it'll probably be a mix of servers.
MongoJerry,Oct 31 2004, 04:09 PM Wrote:Since we don't know what the choices are, we can't really decide now.  It'll probably be a snap decision made on game day, or whenever the actual list of servers come out.  I imagine that we will have a mix of horde, alliance, PvP and not, so it'll probably be a mix of servers.
[right][snapback]58712[/snapback][/right]

Also the emails sent out to the closed beta testers implied that we would likely be still having access to the older characters. Where ever they are at, is likely to be where most of us end up at. Easier than competing with the masses in the starting zones during the first week.
Ruvanal,Oct 31 2004, 04:23 PM Wrote:Also the emails sent out to the closed beta testers implied that we would likely be still having access to the older characters.  Where ever they are at, is likely to be where most of us end up at.  Easier than competing with the masses in the starting zones during the first week.
[right][snapback]58718[/snapback][/right]

OK, that makes sense. I do still hope that we can meet up with you guys in retail; the more good players there are on the server, the better.

By the way, thank you MongoJerry for the Scholomance writeup. A number of us at SE have been reading it and talking about it. Great job, as usual. (I've been reading your stuff since your first piece on Grizabella.)
Ruvanal,Oct 31 2004, 04:23 PM Wrote:Easier than competing with the masses in the starting zones during the first week.
[right][snapback]58718[/snapback][/right]

Really a matter of timing. I intentionally started the ST late and didn't have that many problems.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.