Question
Greetings!

I was rushing some guys in a nightmare public game. Out of the blue one guy says to me that he can fix my ethereal skins. How did he know that? Is this part of mh?
akogyud,Oct 10 2004, 09:54 PM Wrote:Greetings!

I was rushing some guys in a nightmare public game. Out of the blue one guy says to me that he can fix my ethereal skins. How did he know that? Is this part of mh?
[right][snapback]57400[/snapback][/right]

While it's often easy to recognize a piece of armour, he'd have to have been using some illegal 3rd party program to see that it was ethereal. MH does have that feature.

(And there is no way to repair ethereal items).
Unless you told him what you were wearing, then yes, he was using a 3rd party program to see what you had on. I don't remember if that was part of maphack or if someone needed another prog to do it though.

Another reason I'll never go back to playing in public games, thanks for reminding me.

Btw, there is no way to repair an ethereal item, aside from using a zod (which doesn't actually repair it anyway), so if someone tells you they'll repair any ethereal item if you give it to them, well, I'm hoping I won't need to explain the rest.

Edit: foiled by 1 minute.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Quote:MH does have that feature.

Yeah, and it also shows what your Valkyrie/Shadow are wearing, so don't be surprised if someone tells you about their equipment. That caught me off guard the first time I heard it. "Your valk has a +2 necro ammy on." I was like "Say what?!" Heh.

Nowadays I stick to singleplayer. The lag has gotten so bad on b.net since the patch that I can't play a decent game there anymore.
Valkyries can wear equipment?!
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[wcip]Angel,Oct 11 2004, Wrote:Valkyries can wear equipment?!
[right][snapback]57424[/snapback][/right]

They're automatically equipped when you summon them; see this page at the Tankazon Resource for further details.
You don't know what you're talking about.
[wcip]Angel,Oct 11 2004, Wrote:Valkyries can wear equipment?!
[right][snapback]57424[/snapback][/right]

In addition, your shadow warriors/masters get their armor (ie: not weapons) from what you are wearing. The actually mods of your stuff doesn't matter, but it takes the base type. So if you are wearing a circlet (any quality [rare, magic, low quality, etc]), they get a circlet. However, the quality of said circlet is dependant upon their level.
Thank you for the replies. This means your not anonymous in public ladder. Would it be safe to assume that the hack also find out what skills you have?

Playing in public ladder is the best option for the casual gamer like me. I received a lot of help from a lot of people and I'm just paying it forward.