Can't hit certian monsters
I've noticed this "bug" for what seems like since D2 was released, but never made mention of it before.

Basically what happened for me was my Valk (yes, I was playing an Amazon) would attack a monster in melee combat and *miss*, at which point I could no longer *hit* that monster for several seconds.

Recently, I've been playing my melee paladin a lot and have noticed the same bug, but not only with Valk's, but with necro skeletons also. I have not noticed the bug with Merc's. The bug only seems to affect Melee and Missile combat, and only certian skills at that.

I recently read a post on the AB about something called Next Delay which puts a timer on when your attacks can hit. I wonder if this is related in the sense that when a Valk or Melee Skeleton misses its target, it puts a Next Delay on that monster which affects everyone, or at least certian skills?

Has anyone else noticed this bug?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
MEAT,Oct 8 2004, 12:04 PM Wrote:Has anyone else noticed this bug?
[right][snapback]57315[/snapback][/right]

I've had a couple of Bnet experiences where my zealot couldn't hit certain monster types no matter what I did, even though he was nailing everything else pretty well. It only lasted until I exited the game in question, but it was annoying.

Not sure if that's the same bug or not, but the effect was similar.
Heiho,

there's somewhere a *.gif around with a table of NextHitDelay skills.

I once copied these player related skills out aof that:

Code:
f    Skill
4      ama/MultipleShot
4      ama/Strafe
4      ama/LightningStrike
25      asn/ShockField
4      asn/ShockWave
25      asn/BladeSentinel
4      asn/WakeofFire
4      asn/ClawsofThunder
4      asn/PhoenixStrike
6      barb/WarCry
4      barb/BattleCry
25      druid/Twister
25      druid/Tornado
10      druid/Volcano
4      nec/PoisonNova*
4      sorc/ChainLightning
4      sorc/Nova
4      sorc/Frostnova

* PN sets the NHD every 4frames, with 4frames pause

a) Maybe you use something with PN triggers?

b) Or do you use a long range weapon, so you're maybe victim of monsters too near for your weapon range.

c) Or you are victim of the recoded graphics output. If you get hit, the server sometimes knows you are, but the graphics output doesn't

c) is much for sure true along with the D/A/E skills of the Amazon along with Fend and other Skills (but most disturbing with Fend), I'm not sure, if the blocking animation with a shield or the gethit animation cause similar effects.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
librarian,Oct 22 2004, 01:55 PM Wrote:Heiho,

there's somewhere a *.gif around with a table of NextHitDelay skills.

I once copied these player related skills out aof that:

Code:
f    Skill
4      ama/MultipleShot
4      ama/Strafe
4      ama/LightningStrike
25      asn/ShockField
4      asn/ShockWave
25      asn/BladeSentinel
4      asn/WakeofFire
4      asn/ClawsofThunder
4      asn/PhoenixStrike
6      barb/WarCry
4      barb/BattleCry
25      druid/Twister
25      druid/Tornado
10      druid/Volcano
4      nec/PoisonNova*
4      sorc/ChainLightning
4      sorc/Nova
4      sorc/Frostnova

* PN sets the NHD every 4frames, with 4frames pause

a) Maybe you use something with PN triggers?

B) Or do you use a long range weapon, so you're maybe victim of monsters too near for your weapon range.

c) Or you are victim of the recoded graphics output. If you get hit, the server sometimes knows you are, but the graphics output doesn't

c) is much for sure true along with the D/A/E skills of the Amazon along with Fend and other Skills (but most disturbing with Fend), I'm not sure, if the blocking animation with a shield or the gethit animation cause similar effects.
[right][snapback]57946[/snapback][/right]

Very interesting! My paladin uses two Carrion Wind rings giving him 20% Poison Nova and 16% Twister. I see those two spells going off all the time because I have a 5 FPS zeal. Perhaps this is what the problem is?

That seems most logical, however the bug I noticed was when a Valk attacked a target and did some action (missed, hit, sent the monster into a stun-recovery, I really don't know what she did), that I could no longer hit that monster for a couple seconds. I was not the only one who could not hit that monster. No other melee characters or archers could hit the monster, but any spell could hit the monster. This happened so to me so many times in small games of three people (total), that I figured it was a bug everyone say. I guess if you play in large groups or use skills that act like spells, you will never see this bug.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
MEAT,Oct 24 2004, 06:23 PM Wrote:Very interesting!  My paladin uses two Carrion Wind rings giving him 20% Poison Nova and 16% Twister.  I see those two spells going off all the time because I have a 5 FPS zeal.  Perhaps this is what the problem is?[right][snapback]58058[/snapback][/right]

No. The NextDelay applies only to missiles that have a NextDelay. That is, your poison nova and twister might be interfering with each other, but it wouldn't affect your zeal (or any attack that doesn't have a NextDelay missile component).
Yes, I have encountered this as well. I was doing an Andy run in hell With my barbarian and After A while I could not hit tainted. This bug has only happened to me with ghouls and tainted. There is another bug which appearss randomly Where you cannot use townportals or waypoints. The only way I have found to fix this bug is to rejoin.