Old veteran of D2
Hello all.

I've been away from the game for quite a while (unfortunately long enough to lose a number of my characters :( ) but within the last few weeks have been playing quite a bit. So much has changed with 1.10! If anyone has a list of the changes made with this latest patch I would love to see them all. I'm kind of unhappy that my lvl 90 Avenger can't use the conviction/fanaticism combo anymore but hey, that's life. Did they expand the size of the Durance of Hate? It seems so much bigger!

Love to hear from you D2 diehards! B)
Hi

Lots of changes, the AS has them all :D , Durance of Hate gets bigger with NM/Hell, oh yeah, Necros really rock.

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Like Assur said, arreat summit shows the changes. Some major strategy changes are that:

in general: synergies mean that some skills use a lot more points than before. There are several builds, such as bone necros or wind druids, that use 3-5 skills that synergise each other, possible with a low synergy extra skill. Battle control skills like mindblast or freezing arrow seem more important.

for necros: blood golem/iron maiden doesn't work anymore. Skeletons have gotten a ton more powerful, 20 rasie skeleton/ skel mastery+assorted other skills has become a really safe, powerful, and low equipment dependent build. Some of these assorted skills are skeleton mages, corpse explosion, poison skills, dim vision. Amp damage and Decrepify are the most important curses and clay golem is useful for slowing.

for amazons: plague javalin sounds more useful as a backup skill than before, freezing arrow has become a big major skill. Valkyries get synergies to make them much more powerful, get equipment, and in general are very useful.

for druids: more fireclaws based build have been designed thanks to the synergies. Elemental druids mostly fall into either fire or wind only types, but I've heard they are much more powerful.

paladins: blessed hammer users are a big cookie cutter build now, lots of people say hammers are too powerful. Holy freeze and shock users have also gotten more powerful with either zeal or a bow as an attack. As you saw, aura flashing doesn't work thanks to faster aura updates I think, but the plus side is that redemption starts redeeming much faster, so you can "flash" it to get fast health and mana. Medics using holy bolt+ prayer synergies now a new build that's good for undead killing and healing.

assasins: traps got synergies, lightning trappers have gotten more popular. Elemental martial arts got more powerful also.

sorcs: most sorc builds around now seem to be a 3-4 skill synergy group+ frozen orb, since frozen orb can use cold mastery and no synergies and still work. Firewall is another possible backup skill. Nova is much less powerful.

This is mostly stuff I've heard, so there might be differences, since I didn't play many characters before patch 1.10. I have actually seen the difference of redemption, nova, necromancer changes, and the 3-5 synergising skill build changes for myself.

Look around the forums for more information.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Minionman,Oct 8 2004, 03:13 AM Wrote:for necros: blood golem/iron maiden doesn't work anymore.  [right][snapback]57293[/snapback][/right]

What's that?
"we have been sent to earth during this dark hour/
to help free the humans from the evil forces that are presently controlling them/
differentiate the holy men from the phony men/
only then will you see the patterns in the pandemonium"

- The Constructus Corporation
crumpuppet,Oct 13 2004, 12:46 AM Wrote:What's that?
[right][snapback]57533[/snapback][/right]

In 1.09, if you had iron maiden and a blood golem, the blood golem was practically invulnerable to physical mêlée attacks. Monsters would hit it and deal some damage to it. However, because of the iron maiden, they'd also take damage themselves. Because of the blood golem's life-steal-type ability, this damage would give the blood golem life. So whenever monster hit the golem, they'd heal it instead.
Ha ha! That's pretty cool. Now I'm bummed I never played a summoner in 1.09. Just started a new 1.10 curser/summoner 2 days ago, tho. Necro got bumped up on my favourite char list after about 20 minutes! B)
to help free the humans from the evil forces that are presently controlling them/

adeyke,Oct 13 2004, 02:55 AM Wrote:In 1.09, if you had iron maiden and a blood golem, the blood golem was practically invulnerable to physical mêlée attacks.
It had been around since 1.00, and not only did it make the golem nigh invulnerable, but the necromancer as well, since the life leech kicked back to the necro.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
It was really cool watching, say, extra strong night lord groups or listers minions beat themselves to death against a blood golem, while it stood there stunned from attacking but not taking any damage.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
There are a few obvious changes and a few not so simple ones. For example, One obvious one is the synergies. And the venom lord of act4 got more powerful, and a bunch of other stuff. What you WILL find different is that you will find BoTD walot more. I find it VERY wierd because in the old 1.8-1.9 days you didnt see such an argument over BoTD, an awesome runeword which has been there since 1.7.

And no the durance did not get bigger, they just changed the maps for it (I think)
MikethemizJR,Oct 31 2004, 12:43 PM Wrote:There are a few obvious changes and a few not so simple ones. For example, One obvious one is the synergies. And the venom lord of act4 got more powerful, and a bunch of other stuff. What you WILL find different is that you will find BoTD walot more. I find it VERY wierd because in the old 1.8-1.9 days you didnt see such an argument over BoTD, an awesome runeword which has been there since 1.7.

And no the durance did not get bigger, they just changed the maps for it (I think)
[right][snapback]58703[/snapback][/right]

You don't know what you're talking about. Please just go away or learn to be quiet instead of filling these forums with your ignorance.
adeyke,Oct 31 2004, 12:53 PM Wrote:You don't know what you're talking about.  Please just go away or learn to be quiet instead of filling these forums with your ignorance.
[right][snapback]58707[/snapback][/right]

I am not in a position to say who knows what, but it would be a lot better to just point out any errors. Telling people to shutup or go away is not helpful. Giving corrections is helpful, just a thought.
vmxa,Oct 31 2004, 01:53 PM Wrote:I am not in a position to say who knows what, but it would be a lot better to just point out any errors. Telling people to shutup or go away is not helpful. Giving corrections is helpful, just a thought.
[right][snapback]58727[/snapback][/right]

When someone simply doesn't know something, that's perfectly fine. They can just ask about it and learn. When someone posts obviously false things (for example, the idea that BotD existed before 1.10), gives misinformation after the correct answer has already been given, and does this in months-old threads (as well as new ones), that doesn't work. MikethemizJR is either an idiot, or a troll, or both.
Beware of Hell. You will need to be higher level or better equipped than ever. Many do not enter hell until 70-75. There are immunities galore. Also be warned that they have worked up on the monster AI in later difficuluties. There are a bunch of cool new items. Also check the Arreat Summit for new cubing formulas. It is possible now to upgrade normal and exceptional uniques to better versions. Rares don't suck as bad any more. Also, drops have been more varied, and good stuff can be found in more places.

Also, Hammers rock ridiclously now.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
adeyke,Oct 31 2004, 02:54 PM Wrote:When someone simply doesn't know something, that's perfectly fine.  They can just ask about it and learn.  When someone posts obviously false things (for example, the idea that BotD existed before 1.10), gives misinformation after the correct answer has already been given, and does this in months-old threads (as well as new ones), that doesn't work.  MikethemizJR is either an idiot, or a troll, or both.
[right][snapback]58731[/snapback][/right]

Whoa, need a nap?
It's true MikethemizJR hasn't a single clue on what he was talking about and he needs to check his sources. That's all you need to say. No need to accuse people of being trolls or idiots or whatnot.

If he had insisted his info was correct despite being corrected, then yes tell him to STFU. In this case, you ought to say what you need to say and say no more.
adeyke,Oct 31 2004, 02:54 PM Wrote:When someone simply doesn't know something, that's perfectly fine.  They can just ask about it and learn.  When someone posts obviously false things (for example, the idea that BotD existed before 1.10), gives misinformation after the correct answer has already been given, and does this in months-old threads (as well as new ones), that doesn't work.  MikethemizJR is either an idiot, or a troll, or both.
[right][snapback]58731[/snapback][/right]

If it comes down to your answer or his, I will take yours as many of his seem incoherent or wrong. All I was saying is either way, he is out of line making it personal.

If I have information that contradicts someone else, I need not say they are an X or Y and to leave. I can present it in a more mature fashion, until they show me they are not worth the trouble. This is is starting to be the case woth MikethemizJR.

In the end making it nasty does not help the board and people like me who have come here for some guidance. Even though I have hundreds of hours of play, I know I don't know everything. I have not played all characters and may be able to benefit from others experience.
Archon_Wing,Oct 31 2004, 05:50 PM Wrote:Whoa, need a nap?
It's true MikethemizJR hasn't a single clue on what he was talking about and he needs to check his sources. That's all you need to say. No need to accuse people of being trolls or idiots or whatnot.

If he had insisted his info was correct despite being corrected, then yes tell him to STFU. In this case, you ought to say what you need to say and say no more.
[right][snapback]58738[/snapback][/right]

Sorry, Archon_Wing

MikethemizJR has had enough polite requests to stop the madness, both publicly in posts and via private message.

I have not decided yet whether he is a fool or a troll. But either way, adeyke has had to correct his misinformation enough times that he is surely entitled to suggest that the young miscreant should STFU.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

ShadowHM,Oct 31 2004, 04:21 PM Wrote:Sorry, Archon_Wing

MikethemizJR has had enough polite requests to stop the madness, both publicly in posts and via private message.

I have not decided yet whether he is a fool or a troll.  But either way, adeyke has had to correct his misinformation enough times that he is surely entitled to suggest that the young miscreant should STFU.
[right][snapback]58741[/snapback][/right]

Oh hah, I'm not familiar with with all the posts around here. And knowing me well enough, I'm not one to object to telling people to STFU. ;) But in this case, it's much more productive to simply say "MikethermizJR has no idea what he's talking about; ignore him" (Cut and paste when apporiate) I mean, obviously telling him to STFU hasn't been working. :) I'd rather work on shielding others from misinformation.

Basically, I'm all for condemning ignorance. But IMO, there's no need to overreact to the matter. It isn't worth it at all. You can tell people to STFU without insulting them. :)
Archon_Wing,Oct 31 2004, 11:27 PM Wrote:But in this case, it's much more productive to simply say "MikethermizJR has no idea what he's talking about; ignore him"[right][snapback]58742[/snapback][/right]

There have been many replies to his posts that say pretty much exactly that. When someone's entire contribution is to necessitate a poster with a clue replying to correct misinformation on an otherwise useful thread (mostly ones that are several months old), it's time to set phasers to "Oi!".
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Oct 31 2004, 04:56 PM Wrote:There have been many replies to his posts that say pretty much exactly that.  When someone's entire contribution is to necessitate a poster with a clue replying to correct misinformation on an otherwise useful thread (mostly ones that are several months old), it's time to set phasers to "Oi!".
[right][snapback]58744[/snapback][/right]

Hah, "Oi" Never heard of that. But ok, I think chasing after this fellow with pitchforks will ultimately be futile and needlessly pollute threads. There's always the moderation, because it's obvious someone is blind and would make a waste of effort. ;)

And yea, from what I see, it is a waste of time. I would only insult for reasons of entertainment. :D

But like I always say, I'm not opposed to flaming. But in these cases it does more harm.
Good Riddance - Che Wrote:"Hatred is the stillborn child of ignorance and boredom"
[right][snapback]58745[/snapback][/right]

+0.02 :)