Rune Hunting Revised
Ok, I know that trading is not welcomed here, so this is not a trade post.

I want some information on Ber rune. I did manage to get Jah (heh, traded a Zak shield for it........lol) and now I am doing runs to try to find Ber :(

To those that have FOUND one, where did you have the best luck? A4 Hephesto quest? A1 cellar? Or just random find? Also, what level do I need to be, and what lvl monster do I need to kill in order for Ber rune to be a possible drop?

Please help, as im finding trading for Ber rune not to be so easy as Jah was. Thanks again lurkers.

BTW: You can delete my previous post about trading, sorry for the trouble, I guess I should have read the FAQ. :huh:

*mobsta*
[Image: DakkonBlackblade.jpg]

"My power is as vast as the plains, my strength is that of mountains. Each wave that crashes upon the shore thunders like blood in my veins." - Dakkon Blackblade, Memoirs
AngryMob,Oct 7 2004, 02:13 PM Wrote:To those that have FOUND one, where did you have the best luck?

[right][snapback]57264[/snapback][/right]

Luck would be the operative word. :blink: The one and only Ber Rune I have ever found was in the Sewers Level 2, Act 2 Hell from an Archer pack. Now I do not play with the dedication of many here, but I have taken quite a number of characters through Hell, and good runes do not drop with anything like the frequency that the trade channels would imply. Draw your own conclusions. ;)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

AngryMob,Oct 7 2004, 04:13 PM Wrote:I want some information on Ber rune.  I did manage to get Jah (heh, traded a Zak shield for it........lol)  and now I am doing runs to try to find Ber  :(

Pray. Going by ATMA's drop calculator, most Hell monsters can drop just about any rune, but Mal and up have a 1 in [insert some 5-7 digit number here] chance of dropping from any given monster, even in a full game.

And the trade-channel people are loony anyway. :rolleyes:
I'd suggest that your best bet is to simply check ATMA for the best droppers, and choose the monster that you can kill the fastest.

For example, Hell Baal can drop a Ber I bet, but hell Baal can most likely not be killed nearly as fast as other normal type monsters who can also drop Ber. Find the monster type that most suits you main killing character, and let the killing commence.

9 months later you might find one :)

(I've played *alot* of LOD, getting many characters up lvl 90 in HCL, and the best rune I've ever found was a Sur from a hork on one of Pindle's minions.)
The jungle areas in kurast are good for rune hunting because of the really tight and often large packs of monsters you'll come across in Hell. Just make sure you stay in the area suited to your skills (flayers are cold immune, soul killers are lightning immune, and I think fetishes are fire immune). Unless, of course, you're a hammerdin/skelmancer/windforcer, then you can go through all 3 areas.

I suppose the Cow Level would also be good because of the high density there, but most people are probably sick of that place by now, after several thousand cow runs to get 99 (edit: during .09, that is).
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Rush people for their hellforge quest, and get a rune from there.

I've always gotten runes from hell countess, none particularly high that i recall, but it seems almost every time i kill her in hell, she drops a rune.
unrealshadow13,Oct 10 2004, 03:48 PM Wrote:I've always gotten runes from hell countess, none particularly high that i recall, but it seems almost every time i kill her in hell, she drops a rune.
[right][snapback]57380[/snapback][/right]

The Countess is rigged to practically always drop at least one rune; the range of her drops is influenced by the difficulty.
Zingydex,Oct 12 2004, 02:36 PM Wrote:The Countess is rigged to practically always drop at least one rune; the range of her drops is influenced by the difficulty.
[right][snapback]57501[/snapback][/right]

She can drop upto a LO rune AFAIK, i've yet to see her drop anything higher then a MAL rune though over several hundered runs.

It's all about luck...
HeLLsBeLLs,Oct 15 2004, 01:59 PM Wrote:She can drop upto a LO rune AFAIK, i've yet to see her drop anything higher then a MAL rune though over several hundered runs.

It's all about luck...
[right][snapback]57636[/snapback][/right]

She can only drop up to Ist from her rune drop or up to Lo from her item drop. So while she can the runes Gul, Vex, Ohm, and Lo, her chances for those aren't anything special.
Well if you are trying to find ber rune you are prolly trying to get ENIGMA. But there is no rela easy way to get it, you will just have to make an MF guy and find it. :)
AngryMob,Oct 7 2004, 03:13 PM Wrote:To those that have FOUND one, where did you have the best luck?  A4 Hephesto quest?  A1 cellar?  Or just random find?  Also, what level do I need to be, and what lvl monster do I need to kill in order for Ber rune to be a possible drop?
I haven't found one, My highest ever was a Lo that I found. Had a duped zod once though... Anyways, Countess runs are best for finding any type of rune. While the countess herself can't drop a Ber, the guys on the way there can. Apart from that, the flayer dungeon holds flayers who tend to drop runes/jewels/charms/jewelry a whole lot. Any sort of ghost also drops runes well (WilloWisps, Ghosts, and Finger Mages)
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
The Drop Calc function of ATMA can give you the percentage on a Ber for each monster. It is very depressing BTW.
I also like kurast forests.
Flayers are in large numbers and their life is usually comparativelly low to that of other monsters.

More monsters usually = more drop chances.

Another well-liked area is the mob before Pindleskin if you can avoid the charge attacks.
They are always there (if you have the portal open), can be trapped, decoyed, meteored etc. etc. and as an added bonus a few will come back to life as well for a 2nd killing.

Now whether they can drop runes "well" thats another story. :blink:
Some more info ... not all of it relevant to 'Ber' in particular

here
and here...
and here... the whole search
Well, These are a few good places to get runes:
Act1 countess
Act4 hellforge
Act3 mephisto
Act5 baal

Also there is supposed to be a fabled "rune monster" which drops like 5 rare runes each time you kill him. What you are supposed to do is Teleport against a wall on every wall in the blood moor. However, the last one has to be 68 degrees (i think)
Then you tele against that wall and you'll disappear into a place where noone can see you and the rune monster should be there. From what I hear about it it is some sort of winged demon. But it could just be a load of crap :P
MikethemizJR,Oct 26 2004, 05:58 AM Wrote:But it could just be a load of crap  :P
[right][snapback]58220[/snapback][/right]

Indeed.
kinda like the reizarfg on the AS
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Oct 27 2004, 12:57 AM Wrote:kinda like the reizarfg on the AS[right][snapback]58295[/snapback][/right]

the what? :blink:
"we have been sent to earth during this dark hour/
to help free the humans from the evil forces that are presently controlling them/
differentiate the holy men from the phony men/
only then will you see the patterns in the pandemonium"

- The Constructus Corporation
clicky

now, try reading it backwards :)

Greetings

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.