Finding multiple uniques
Reading online, I found that a unique item can never be dropped more than once in a the same game. Does that mean you can't find 2 unique rings in the same game or just cant get the same TYPE of unique ring. To put it into easier terms for me to understand, if andariel drops a nagelring, will all further unique rings be manald heals and sojs (for the case of levels under the qlvl of dwarf and raven), or will they only be rare rings. And if in that same game another nagel ring were supposed to drop, would it revert to a rare item or would manald heal and soj have a better chance of dropping? If the latter is true, then 3 unique rings found from monsters under the qlvls of dwarf and raven would all be a nagel, manald, and soj.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
Don't take this as difinetive, but I believe that was true only prior to LoD and prior to a patch for non LoD.

I have gotten the same unique item more than once, but I did not have it any longer when I got it the next time.

IOW I only had one instance at any one point in time.
Quote:Does that mean you can't find 2 unique rings in the same game or just cant get the same TYPE of unique ring.
It means you can't get more than one of the exact same unique ring in a single game, e.g. you can't get more than one Nagelring.

Quote:if andariel drops a nagelring, will all further unique rings be manald heals and sojs (for the case of levels under the qlvl of dwarf and raven), or will they only be rare rings.
If Andy drops a Nagelring, it means that another Nagelring cannot drop in the same game. Other unique rings are still fair game; e.g. another monster could drop a Manald Heal.

Quote:And if in that same game another nagel ring were supposed to drop, would it revert to a rare item or would manald heal and soj have a better chance of dropping?
If another Nagelring tried to spawn, the drop code would change it to a rare instead. The chances that a Manald or SoJ will drop are not changed by the fact that a Nagelring already dropped.

However, if another unique ring drops, then we know that it cannot be a Nagelring, so in that sense there is a greater chance that this unique ring will be a SoJ. Note, however, that the fact that Nagel already dropped did not affect the chances of the second unique ring dropping in the first place. You just got lucky.

Quote:If the latter is true, then 3 unique rings found from monsters under the qlvls of dwarf and raven would all be a nagel, manald, and soj.
It used to work that way in the good ol' days of Classic up to v1.06. That's why people ran around with Nagels and Manalds in their backpacks or stashes, because it guaranteed that the next unique ring spawned would be a SoJ. This changed with the Expansion and v1.07, however, and is no longer the case.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
Thanks, I figured as much. Useful way to figure out if you have an unid soj though...
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Oct 7 2004, 02:38 PM Wrote:Thanks, I figured as much.  Useful way to figure out if you have an unid soj though...
[right][snapback]57269[/snapback][/right]

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The restriction is just on a per-game basis. So if you found a SoJ, you couldn't find another one in that game. If you start a new game or join a game in which on SoJ has spawned, you can find another one.

I guess if you find three ilvl 39-52 unique rings in the same game, and you identify one as Nagelring and the other as Manald heal, you could deduce that the final ring is a SoJ. However, it'd be just as likely that you end up identify the SoJ and thus deducing that the final one is a Manald Heal or a Nagelring.

I suppose you could first get work at getting ilvl 10-38 unique rings. These would have to be Nagelring and Manald Heal. If you then get an ilvl 39-52 unique ring, you'd know it's a SoJ before identifying it. However, actually getting those three unique rings in the same game is very, very unlikely, and you'd end up getting dozens of failed unique rings before you actually got the SoJ. So that's no good, either. Especially since there isn't any use at all for unid'd SoJs...

So I'm rather confused about what you meant. Care to clarify?
adeyke,Oct 7 2004, 10:20 PM Wrote:So I'm rather confused about what you meant.  Care to clarify?
[right][snapback]57288[/snapback][/right]

If you found all 3 rings in the same game, all under ilvl 53, you know you have one of each type of ring. If for some odd reason, you wanted an unid soj/manald/nagel, this method will do that. Not saying that anyone will believe you so it has no trade value at all, so it is pointless. Just saying it is possible to get a unid unique ring that you know what it is.