Monthly fee for WOW = 15 US$ ?
I just saw this offer on Amazon.com:

"World Of Warcraft 60 Day Pre-Paid":

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ce&s=videogames

The "package" costs 29.99 US$, and does obviously not include the game CD's but only 2 months WOW playing time. Does that mean that WOW will cost about 15 US$ per month to be played?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Hi,

I imagine that the remainder of the information in that link is as accurate as "will be released on November 19, 2004".

Consider, if WoW is to have a monthly fee of $15US, then where's the profit for Amazon?

Rather than pointless speculation, why not wait for a Blizzard announcement? Does having the information in advance really have *any* effect on your life/

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

$15 would be in line with what more recent MMOGs are charging for their monthly fee. SWG and city of Heroes are both 14.95 monthly, with reduced rates if you pay by the quarter, semi-anually, etc. FFXI is, I think, $13 a month, but you have to pay an extra $1 for every extra character on the account.
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Its probably a "gift card" and Amazon has a volume discount.

Most subscrition games give you a discount if you buy more than 1 month at a time. If this is a gift card Amazon probably gets the discount.

IIRC SOE's EQ2 is also $15/month.
Official pricing:

After the initial free one-month subscription ends, players of World of Warcraft will be able to continue playing under one of three different subscription plans. The month-to-month subscription plan costs $14.99 per month, the three-month plan costs $13.99 per month, and the six-month plan costs $12.99 per month. World of Warcraft subscription fees can be paid by major credit card, PayPal, and pre-paid game cards, which will be available in stores where World of Warcraft is sold. World of Warcraft has received a Teen rating from the ESRB.
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-