UberDiablo Killer Build
Ok, so once again the inevitable happens. I am MFing with my sorc when UBER pops. Once again I have nothing that can even remotely touch it. So my son calls on his "firends" (acutally just online aquantences he really does not know) the game fills with people and someone else gets the Annihilus. Happened a few times since 1.10 came out.

So now I am working on an UberKiller. I am working on a mace barb which will use at least laying of hands and 1 or 2 +% demon maces along with stuff for damage reduction and resistances/absorbs.

However, I am unsure if this can be a good build or not. So I am looking to see what other people have had good experience with.

Another thought was to build a javazon with a strong tanking Valk.

Any help would be appreciated.

Schuey
From what I've heard charged strike amazons and zealots with cruching blow are good against the diablo clone. I've also heard that prevent monster heal is very useful, although you probably heard that. Beyond that, I don't have any experience so sorry.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Minionman,Oct 4 2004, 07:11 PM Wrote:From what I've heard charged strike amazons and zealots with cruching blow are good against the diablo clone.  I've also heard that prevent monster heal is very useful, although you probably heard that.  Beyond that, I don't have any experience so sorry.
[right][snapback]57059[/snapback][/right]

I second the Charged Strike Amazon.

I've never taken on Diablo Clone himself. Although I know from experience a relatively lightly twinked Charged Strike Javazon can utterly destroy 8 player Baal, solo.

The best part about a 'charged strike' javazon is they are Lightening Fury Javazons in disguise, or at least they can be. So you'd have a very nice, super functioning javazon that could switch over and take out Dclone easy.

Cheers,

Munk
I was under the impression that most people just used the "Shenk" trick. I don't know if it's considered a bug or not, but the concept is when it says, "Diablo Walks The Earth," you need to go to act V and take the first WP (forgot the name) and get the D.Clone to spawn at Eldrith (to the left). Once that is done, lure him towards Shenk (to the right) and kill Shenk with the D.Clone within a few yards and he will automatically die (all the monsters will automatically die on screen when Shenk is killed).

But IMO that is the cheap way out. I'd prefer to fight him square and fair if he spawned in my game to see how I'd stand up against him. I have yet to see him because everyone does the "Shenk" trick before I have time to finish up whatever I'm doing in the game and get over to see him... grrr.....
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
The shenk trick no longer kills DC.

The all time best character for anti-dclone is a high level hammerdin that does over 7k damage. You can take him out in seconds this way. In second would be a zealot with PMH and CB(prevent monster heal and crushing blow). In third would be an IK barb with massive crushing blow and PMH. In fourth charged strikazon and kicker.
Ok, I will ask, what does twinkled mean? I have seen untwinkled used a few times, but was not sure what it referenced.
gta-maloy],Oct 5 2004, Wrote:The shenk trick no longer kills DC.

The all time best character for anti-dclone is a high level hammerdin that does over 7k damage. You can take him out in seconds this way. In second would be a zealot with PMH and CB(prevent monster heal and crushing blow). In third would be an IK barb with massive crushing blow and PMH. In fourth charged strikazon and kicker.
[right][snapback]57093[/snapback][/right]

The word is "twinked." There's no letter L in it.

Basically, to twink a character is to give him equipment he didn't find himself. If you MF a lot and then give a low-level character some nice gear, that'd be twinking.
Ok, a charged strike Javazon.

Can I use a javalin type weapon for the spear skills?

Was looking to use the Thunderstroke unique javalin for the javazon (lightning fury)

Schuey
Schuey,Oct 5 2004, 01:50 PM Wrote:Can I use a javalin type weapon for the spear skills?
[right][snapback]57101[/snapback][/right]
Yes, Javalins work for spear skills
A Smiter with Crushing blow is also very nice, If u got any paladin with max holyshield and a herald of zakarum? Just equip some crushing and go SMITE his ass, works great, nice fast attack.
My friend had a zealot that I always borrowed whenever I need a DClone killed.

I think the main reason for his success rate is his shael'ed Astreon's Ward. Crushing Blow, Magic Dmg, awesome ED%, very cool IAS, Slow Target can't be beat. With Gore Rider (Open Wounds to kill hp regen, more CB, some Deadly Strike), String of Ears (Physical Dmg Reduction%, life leech), Guardian Angel+PDiamond Herald of Zakarum for great resists & block, he's never failed.
-- Ryan
Between GW2, AirMech, Firefall and Torchlight 2, who has time for gaming? Smile
ryan4nayr,Oct 11 2004, 02:38 AM Wrote:My friend had a zealot that I always borrowed whenever I need a DClone killed.

I think the main reason for his success rate is his shael'ed Astreon's Ward. Crushing Blow, Magic Dmg, awesome ED%, very cool IAS, Slow Target can't be beat. With Gore Rider (Open Wounds to kill hp regen, more CB, some Deadly Strike), String of Ears (Physical Dmg Reduction%, life leech), Guardian Angel+PDiamond Herald of Zakarum for great resists & block, he's never failed.
[right][snapback]57395[/snapback][/right]

Hi,

As good UberDiablo killer, you have a good amount of choice:
1-- hammerdin (high magic dmg, high block, high resists, high def)
2-- charged strike zone (huge lightning dmg concentrated on this big buddy) having a lower resist wand in switch makes the UberDiablo to cry. Don't even talk about -% resists lightning items
3-- bone necro: not as fast as the first 2 characters, but still, easy (middle to high magic dmg/ bone prison, decrepify, clay golem)
4-- wolfbarb or IK barb with a pmh item (slow but as secure as reading a book in a coach)
5-- any cb build with good block and resists.

Have a good day,

BOB2
Ok, so Uber popped again the other day.... I was in the middle of building my Charged strike Zon. I was leveling on nm Baal runs and had not gone to hell yet. That night I was doing MF runs with my sorc... I alt-tabbed out of D2 to post a message in the trading forums and when i cam back UberD had popped.

I spawned him as Rakinetchu in the Cold Plains. Then I asked a close friend to coms and help (my sorc is purlely MF and cant kill someone like uber). Well, my son got on the other computer and brought his sorc too. A bowazon, and 2 sorcs..... hahaha it was pathetic. So I had the zon hold the game for me and I took the CS zon and beat NM baal. Then I gave her a couple of different items and went in to face Uber.... and I KILLED him :)

So now I am the owner of a shiny new Annilius charm

13 atribs
12 resists
9 experience

Minutes later a friend of my son's needed help with Uber... so i went in and killed him there too :)

That charm went to one of the guys who was originally in the game :)

So now I have 2 uber kills :)

THANKS to all you for your suggestions and help

schuey
I am no expert on this subject, But from what I know about him I think you need
1.A good way to do good damage quickly, considering He regenerates health.
2.Lots of health, to absorb the severe punishment of his attacks.
3. Good resists, So lightning inferno does not massacre you.
4.A good environment. If you try taking on Uber in the den of evil, bye-bye. You need room to run away and dodge attacks. This is the most importanat thing about fighting him.
5. A summoner is OK for fighting him because you have skeletons as meat shields. But they are also your army, So if THEY die, It is not like a summoner without his army is going to kill Ubeer diablo.

I hope I have been of help.
I'm going to toss in my $.02 for assassin kickers. They are very easy to be fast, and very easy to load the CB. I'm guessing they are about on par with Smiters (I've never played a smiter).
MikethemizJR,Oct 28 2004, 06:27 AM Wrote:4.A good environment. If you try taking on Uber in the den of evil, bye-bye. You need room to  run away and dodge attacks. This is the most importanat thing about fighting him.

Actually, I would think the Den of Evil would be a GREAT place to fight him, what with all the loops and twists to prevent his skills from reaching you(The tricky bit is hitting him back, of course. :P)