I tried to be a vandal
Zingydex,Oct 5 2004, 06:09 PM Wrote:Never seen Mailbox Baseball, but I have seen the end results of a similar game - Mailbox Picking.  That's where mailboxes are hauled out of the ground and tossed in the ditch nearby.  Why whack it when you can manhandle it, eh?
[right][snapback]57118[/snapback][/right]

Even "funnier," in the States, is that if you get caught playing mail box baseball, you can get charged with a felony. Oy. Yep, effing with the US Mail system is indeed a federal offense.

I generally confined my idiot teen vandalism to eggs and tossing the 7 oz Miller ponies at stop sign, and other street signs.

I wonder, sometimes, how I survived all of the stupid things I did as a young'n . . . which lasted up until about last week, when the doc told me I am officially far sighted and will need reading glasses. Drat, have spent my entire life not needing specs, I ain't young no more. Living, though, which is a bonus!

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Nov 13 2004, 07:40 AM Wrote:rat, have spent my entire life not needing specs, I ain't young no more.

Yeah, had that experience last year.

On the vandalism count, over here the mailbox alterations are done with explosives. (Usually fireworks from the Nov5 celebration of some Brit attempting to blow up parliament... I don't think that particular holiday would go done well in the U.S. at the moment)

Also found out that my chance in each Greencard lotto is about 1/100 so it would take me on average 69 years to get one... Having done three already I'll see you when I'm 91 :P
</badMath>
I believe 2 liter pop bottles are now the prefered weapon of mailbax destruction.

It was happening around my area last year. You get a 2 liter bottle of pop and drive toward the box at like 90 mph then throw it.
Occhidiangela,Nov 12 2004, 12:40 PM Wrote:which lasted up until about last week, when the doc told me I am officially far sighted and will need reading glasses.&nbsp; Drat, have spent my entire life not needing specs, I ain't young no more.
[right][snapback]60052[/snapback][/right]
Nah, needing glasses doesn't make you old (been there since about 5(?)). Talk to me when you need bifocals. I made that transition this summer. Bleh! :(
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Nicodemus Phaulkon,Oct 3 2004, 03:06 PM Wrote:Unfortunately, said response (and precedence in the courts) would have saddled you with criminal charges and a short stint in the local lock-up.&nbsp; All part of that lovely "appropriate response" codicil that binds the hands of citizen and police officer alike.
[right][snapback]56975[/snapback][/right]

Not in New Hampshire! Here the law reads something like "if a reasonable person would believe his person or property is in danger then he has the right to use deadly force" notice it doesn't say anything about mortal danger.

There was a case several years ago in Nashua N.H. where a kid (about 14 years old) reached into an open window and retrieved a gym bag that he had forgotten at his friends house minuets earlier. The father shot him dead on the sidewalk. He was brought to court and found to be within his rights to use deadly force.

live free or die