Lost on ABC
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowM...t/showid-24313/

Quote:Stripped of everything, the 48 survivors scavenge what they can from the plane for their survival. Some panic. Some pin their hopes on rescue. A few find inner strength they never knew they had -- like Kate, who, with no medical training, suddenly finds herself suturing the doctor's wounds. Hurley – a man with a warm sense of humor despite the desperate situation – does his best to keep his cool as he helps those around him to survive. Charlie is a faded rock star who harbors a painful secret. Sayid is a Middle Eastern man who must wrestle with the racial profiling directed at him by some of his fellow survivors. Jin and Sun are a Korean couple whose traditions, values and language are foreign and thus causes much to get lost in the translation.

I just caught the 2-hour pilot tonight, and I was fairly impressed by it. It's worth noting that the pilot was one of the most expensive TV shows ever produced, and has a LOT of great special effects. Whether this might spell its downfall, we'll just have to wait and see. I just hope it gets enough viewership to justify ABC funding its huge budget.
I thought it was funt to watch. And it has to be an elephant that is scaring them.

Its not exactly realistic, but at least its not insulting to watch. Put that with a fun plot and good acting for a television and its my new favorite show.
So, this is like XTREME Gilligan's Island, only in a jungle and with OMG racial profiling?

I really wish I had already uploaded rolleyesbig.gif to my webspace. :rolleyes:

Idunno, I've seen commercials for it, but they give me the same bad vibes '24' did. Then again a lot of people liked 24 apparently, so maybe I'm in the minority.

(OMG don't profile me!)
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Oct 2 2004, 10:30 PM Wrote:So, this is like XTREME Gilligan's Island, only in a jungle and with OMG racial profiling?
[right][snapback]56935[/snapback][/right]

Actually, the best description I heard was "Gilligan's Island meets Pitch Black" :)

The racial profiling stuff wasn't all that prominent in the pilot. It was just one guy's reaction to seeing a Middle Eastern man after their plane crashed. It wasn't an out-of-place part of the show. At least, it didn't strike me as such.

I'm still gonna reserve judgement on Lost until I see a couple more episodes.

FYI, the timeslot is Wednesdays @ 8/7c.
DeeBye,Oct 2 2004, 09:38 PM Wrote:The racial profiling stuff wasn't all that prominent in the pilot.  It was just one guy's reaction to seeing a Middle Eastern man after their plane crashed.  It wasn't an out-of-place part of the show.  At least, it didn't strike me as such.[right][snapback]56936[/snapback][/right]

I just think it's sad/funny. The first time I saw an ad for it, I told myself "Self, we got a bunch of people what crashed in a jungle. How much you want to bet that there was a middle-eastern passenger that will get labeled a TERRORST?"

It just seems like a wild grab for ratings - 'OMG the arab must have crashed the plane!'

Also, I found it:

[Image: rolleyesbarf.gif]
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Oct 2 2004, 08:57 PM Wrote:I just think it's sad/funny.  The first time I saw an ad for it, I told myself "Self, we got a bunch of people what crashed in a jungle.  How much you want to bet that there was a middle-eastern passenger that will get labeled a TERRORST?"

It just seems like a wild grab for ratings - 'OMG the arab must have crashed the plane!'

Also, I found it:

[Image: rolleyesbarf.gif]
[right][snapback]56938[/snapback][/right]

That funny face thing is an interesting idea for a vending machine. Sorry for the off-topic post.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
WarLocke,Oct 2 2004, 10:57 PM Wrote:It just seems like a wild grab for ratings - 'OMG the arab must have crashed the plane!'
[right][snapback]56938[/snapback][/right]

So did you watch the show or not?
I don't have like TV you know but that sounds like Battle Royale.