A Confession
Fellow Lurkers, it is with a heavy heart that I impart this confession unto you: I still play pokemon. What with the release of Leaf Green, (which I snagged today) who could resist?

...Yes, I know it is a moral sin to be addicted to those balls of fluff that hurl bolts of energy at each other but I ask you this: Is it wrong for them to be loved? Is it wrong for me to appreciate the sheer enormity of the task of completing a pokedex? Is it wrong that I gotta catch em all?

No, my friends, it is not. For I am a firm believer in the freedom of all things, be it living or nonliving, smooth or pokemon. So, do not judge, lest you be judged yourself: only if you have never caught a wild pokemon may you say:

To capture, or not to capture, that is the question:
Whether tis childish in the heart to obsess
of the type and level of different pokemon
or to aid a friend against another opponent
And by aiding defeat them. To try, to defeat; no more.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
Pokemon takes no skill... It's simply a matter of knowing which skill is better, then you jump through the hoops.
Premezilla,Sep 26 2004, 05:28 AM Wrote:Fellow Lurkers, it is with a heavy heart that I impart this confession unto you: I still play pokemon.  What with the release of Leaf Green, (which I snagged today) who could resist?

...Yes, I know it is a moral sin to be addicted to those balls of fluff that hurl bolts of energy at each other but I ask you this: Is it wrong for them to be loved? Is it wrong for me to appreciate the sheer enormity of the task of completing a pokedex? Is it wrong that I gotta catch em all?

No, my friends, it is not. For I am a firm believer in the freedom of all things, be it living or nonliving, smooth or pokemon.  So, do not judge, lest you be judged yourself: only if you have never caught a wild pokemon may you say:

To capture, or not to capture, that is the question:
Whether tis childish in the heart to obsess
of the type and level of different pokemon
or to aid a friend against another opponent
And by aiding defeat them. To try, to defeat; no more.
[right][snapback]56418[/snapback][/right]

It's hilarious that you post this, because I have just recently decided to start playing through Pokemon Yellow again. That soon turned into filling up the Pokedex, however, and I've logged about 43 hours into the game. Do you know how HARD it is to get a Porygon?!?

Actually, in fact, I have my Gameboy in my pocket at this very moment. :ph34r:

I'm tempted to get the new GBA remakes, but I don't really feel lke starting over again. I am planning to pick up emerald, though.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
lol. Yes, pokemon was fun when I first picked it up. Apparently, some of my friends have bought the latest version of the game and are just having fun dueling and raising pokemon. Anyhow, I've gotten bored of the whole concept but it certainly was hours of fun!
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)