Transferring items between Diablo characters?
Was trying out an ancient Pentium-MMX PC and it still has Diablo 1 loaded. So I tried playing Diablo once more.

This may not be fully "legit" but I recall there was a way of transferring items from a "multiplayer character" to another of your "multiplayer character" (eg. your warrior keeps on finding good bows so would like to transfer those bows to your rogue) -- there are 3rd party utilities to let you transfer them (which one is the more "legit" utility, ie. doesn't change values but just transferring?)

Also, I seem to recall there was a way of running 2 copies of Diablo in one PC (I think this involved changing one of the .DLL into a modified .DLL file). After that, one could load the 1st character (eg. warrior) and then drop or trade the items to the next character that loads up. Any idea what was this modified file and where to get it again?
Hi,

I'd recommend that you either mule the items in Battle.net (needs a second person) or that you use the Diablo Stash: http://www.thedark5.com/forum/forum_post...=1307&PN=1
Ok, I have the same problem: I would like to transfer items between MP
characters without involving someone else. The link provided by Noktis (if
you follow the link above) seem to be no longer working. The link that Ulmo
originally posted no longer works, either. Is the Diablo Stash still available
somewhere, or is there perhaps another workaround?

Thanks.
Here´s a link to Ulmo´s stash. Appearantly it is missing the file "plugulmo.dll", but it can be found in the "The Hell"-mod.

Link
I don't recomend to use it. I lost all my items in the past due to a stash bug.
Afaik creating a new character resetted the stash, so that a backup of the stashfile was to be done before. But this bug is already fixed, I think.
Hello,

I recommend a program called Blue Scorpios Diablo Saver. This little nifty program is awesome, as it not only lets you export and import items, but it is a SAFE program for other players, meaning you cannot export someone elses items, only your own. The program functions so that the export/import function gets locked when someone else is in a game with you, so you must be alone to use these. So if you find a really nice item that you wish to put on a different char, you can export it to a location on your computer and then relog on other char and import.

But the coolest thing about this program is that it basically eliminates muling entirely. You can effectively maintain an item pool on your computer and keep it well organized in folders (plates, helms, jewelry, shields, etc), and it will save you much time having to scrounge around in mules when u can find any specific item in 2 seconds. I do keep 1 mule to import stuff that I dont use that I wish to give away to other people, then I simply delete the item out of my pool manually to avoid producing dupes.

You can download it: http://freshmeat-blog.de.tl/Downloads.htm but I recommend reading Shade's tutorial first which can found in the technical questions section of the forum on that site. Muling is obsolete and simply a pain in the arse.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
This Blue Scorpios Diablo Saver is a scanner with import/export functionality. Ulmo made the stash for those who don't want to use trainers and such. The stash doesn't break 'atmosphere' because all interfacing is done through Gillian's dialog. Also, it doesn't create dupes and has no limitations that would only make sense for PvP duels. It does keep you from exchanging SP/MP items, which is needed to avoid various problems.
Well, PvP is pretty much all I play now, in the little time that I do play, since my chars are all 50 with the highest quality items (and yes, found legitimately). I still play the occasional co-op but I see no point in getting the best items and lvling to 50 unless you intend to PvP.

That aside, whether you play PvM or PvP doesnt matter...with Blue Scorpios Diablo Saver, once again, you may only export/import YOUR items, no one elses. Id prefer this program over the stash, because your item pool is backed up to your computer or better yet an external source in case something happens to your computer, while the stash is within the game itself only. Risky business if you ask me. If something happens to you computer and you have to get a new one or reformat/reinstall your operating system, even if you have your chars backed up externally, you will lose all the items Id think that you had "stashed" at Gillian. Unless im wrong and when you reinstall the program and diablo, go to her, and they are still there. But something tells me they wouldnt be. With the Blues Saver, if you have all your items exported to a external source, there is no fear of losing them if things go awry. Dupes are easily avoided as well, anytime you give an item away you manually delete it out of your item pool, which takes literally 2 seconds.

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(12-09-2010, 06:55 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: your item pool is backed up to your computer [...] while the stash is within the game itself only.

Hi, this is definitely not the case.
The plugulmo.ini allows you to determine the exact name of the stashfile, which will be generated in your Diablo folder and contains all of your items then. Afaik it's "Diablo_MP.st" preset.

If you backup this file, you backup all of your items.
Quote:Hi, this is definitely not the case.
The plugulmo.ini allows you to determine the exact name of the stashfile, which will be generated in your Diablo folder and contains all of your items then. Afaik it's "Diablo_MP.st" preset.

This is correct.

Quote:Also, it doesn't create dupes and has no limitations that would only make sense for PvP duels

Basically this is true. However it is as easy to dupe items with the stash as it is to copy and paste a character file. One thing that you cannot do with Diablo Stash is enter B.net. No multiplayer, aside from PVPGN, LAN, and IPX is possible with the stash. You pretty much have to collect online and then exit, start the stash and do your muling.

Quote:Afaik creating a new character resetted the stash, so that a backup of the stashfile was to be done before. But this bug is already fixed, I think.

The bug is fixed. I have been using the stash for a while and have found no other bugs.
(12-17-2010, 12:45 AM)GhastMaster Wrote:
Quote:Hi, this is definitely not the case.

This is correct.

Quote:Also, it doesn't create dupes and has no limitations that would only make sense for PvP duels

Basically this is true. However it is as easy to dupe items with the stash as it is to copy and paste a character file. One thing that you cannot do with Diablo Stash is enter B.net. No multiplayer, aside from PVPGN, LAN, and IPX is possible with the stash. You pretty much have to collect online and then exit, start the stash and do your muling.

Quote:Afaik creating a new character resetted the stash, so that a backup of the stashfile was to be done before. But this bug is already fixed, I think.

The bug is fixed. I have been using the stash for a while and have found no other bugs.

Wow you cant use the stash on bnet?? Pfff, yea, give me Blue Scorpios program any day of the week. You can use it on or off bnet as long as you are in a game alone. And muling?? What is that? lol.