Sky Captain
I get two newspapers. One newspaper gave Sky Captain 4 out of 4 stars. The other newspaper portrayed the man in his seat leaning foward as if slightly interested. Has anybody seen this movie? I really want it to be good because the style looks tweaky and I really like Jude Law and Gwenyth Paltrow. And Angelina Jolie is hawt.
I don't know. I heard that out of everything shown onscreen, only those three actors are real; everything else is computer-generated.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
I saw it Friday. It's pretty good, somewhere short of great. If you like Republic serials, it's a winner for you.

The good: Immersive and impressive environments. Good acting. Some excellent lines.
The bad: The pacing was a bit off, dragging early and hectic at the end. Some flat dialog.
The ugly: There's not much ugly in this pic. The visuals are always good, verging on stunning. There were a few annoying continuity glitches.

I think the big dividing line between liking and disliking this flick is buying Gwyneth Paltrow as Polly Perkins. I had no problem with her, and thought she did a really good job, but some of the folks who watched SCatWoT with me didn't go for her portrayal.

Angelina Jolie steals her scenes, but isn't in the film very much. :(

I want one of those totally impractical hover-carriers for my very own. :)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:The visuals are always good, verging on stunning

The slightly blurry filter got to me after a while. It was cool at first, but by the end... bleh.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
MASSIVE eye-strain in the beginning of the movie. By the end, I barely noticed it. Seemed to only affect me if I TRIED to focus.

As for the movie itself:
A hair above a B movie. If you liked The Mummy, you'll probably like this. It's about par on all accounts to it, save for the uniqueness of the filming itself. Worth a matinee viewing. Not much else.
Roland *The Gunslinger*