I look for inventory editor for Diablo 2 LoD 1.10
Hi all, I hope it's good place to ask.

I've problem with my level 75 paladin (single player game). He just died in Maggot Lair on the Hell level. Seeing that I definitely could not reach body safely I pressed Esc and saved game. However, after emerging in Lut Gholein and recovering the body I did not get my stuff, only experience. Walking through desert in Hell naked and collecting new equipment again is... well, a hell of experience ;) Also, I lost three good uniques and was really attached to this character. I want to restore at least part of his equipment I remember for sure I had. Rare and Magic items I can forget (alhough some had good resistances) but loss of uniques really hurt.

So, do you know an editor which allows to edit inventory of Diablo 2 character (adding specific items is all that really concerns me :) ? I have an expansion pack and patch 1.10 installed.

Can you help me "revive" my paladin?
What you're asking for isn't the kind of resource generally discussed on the Lurker Lounge, despite the described circumstances. You'd be better off looking elsewhere.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
I believe the rule only applies online. "In single player, you're just cheating yourself." Unfortunately, most sites that have single player editors also have battle.net cheats.
Sorry to hear about the loss. It sucks to lose items that way.

Although this won't help with your present situation, it may be of interest for future reference that making backup copies of your characters in SP is dead easy. Just copy the .d2s files in the "save" folder under your main Diablo II directory into another folder or onto another disc. Then, if a situation like this happens again, you can restore the backup of the character and lose a bit of experience instead of a pile of nice items.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
From the FAQ, relevent text has been highlighted.

Quote:Q: Why was my post/thread deleted/edited out?
A: Probably because you didn't read this FAQ or rules and thus violated them. If you don't take the time to read the rules, we won't take the time to explain what you did wrong. Common reasons for post/thread removal are listed below:

1. Your post/thread is spam....
   2. Your post/thread contains offensive material...
  3. Your post/thread detailed methods for cheating or linked to a website that supports or promotes it. Cheating in any form is not allowed here. That includes the use of maphack in Diablo II. USING MAPHACK IS CHEATING (no arguments to the contrary are accepted). If you use cheats in multiplayer games, you are not welcome at the Lurker Lounge, and its administrators and posters would appreciate it if you respected our opinion and moved to another website with less stringent attitudes about cheaters. Any posters found admitting that they use cheats will be banned on sight.
   4. Your post/thread was deemed to be an attack (flame) on another poster...

Granted, it does pretty much say "multiplayer only"; it's not hard to find item generators or such if you want one and asking here, given the general anti-cheating attitude, is in bad taste and somewhat rude.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Sorry, I did not want to offend anybody.

I've read forum rules and perfectly understand your reasoning. I hate cheating too and never do that myself, even in single player games (never played online). This case is different though in that regard that I feel "cheated" by the game. However, I see you can not provide me a link due to reasons Obi2Kenobi gave. Oh well. I'll look elsewhere.

Also, thanks for the tip Grayloch! From now on I'll be sure to backup my file after each session. It's just the first time I've experienced such nasty surprise. I will NOT give Blizzard another chance ;)
What about Nobbie's mod? That has an item generator component.
Thanks, but I've already found what I was looking for and my pal is resurrected. Just completing Act 3.

But thank you anyway!
1 reason you could have lost your stuff is if you died more than once before quitting, you take all of them away, but only 1 comes with YOU. So when you rejoined, you got the 1 of the other bodies, and not the one with your gear.
MikethemizJR,Oct 31 2004, 04:24 PM Wrote:1 reason you could have lost your stuff is if you died more than once before quitting, you take all of them away, but only 1 comes with YOU. So when you rejoined, you got the 1 of the other bodies, and not the one with your gear.
[right][snapback]58719[/snapback][/right]
The way that works (I'm pretty sure) is the first corpse stays with you. If thats not how it works, then its the corpse with the highest gold value, usually meaning the one with the best stuff. It is odd that he got the exp back though isn't it? I thought you only got exp back when you collected the corpse in the game.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.