Draft Could Come Back
http://www.domainarun.com

I posted the email on my website. It seems to be real, at least the bill really is in the works. If what they say about not being able to go to Canada, where do you all plan on going? I'm thinking back to the UK.
http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=200
The email is wrong but the bill I linked to can't be fake can it :huh: I thought you had to be in government to have a *.gov website.
You should probably actually read the factcheck article. It's all explained.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
At least get a newer email rumor to cause anxiety. :o :P

Please note that there are all sorts of bills proposed every day. However, not too many stand a chance of passing.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
unrealshadow13,Sep 13 2004, 11:17 PM Wrote:If what they say about not being able to go to Canada, where do you all plan on going? I'm thinking back to the UK.
You should definitely go to a place where you have no internet access.
I seem to recall the government running the nation, overseeing law enforcement, setting standards in place that protect me, etc. I wouldn't even consider fleeing the country to be an option.

YMMV.
See you in Town,
-Z
If Trolls are or are not eligible for conscription.

There is no way all of the trolls in Warcraft III are volunteers, those poor slobs had to be drafted. I mean, who in his right mind would go up against those gorgeous night elves wielding those bows, so scantily dressed, so athleticaly built, filled with such deadly beauty . . .

Oh, yeah, never mind. I get it now. :D

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
:lol: Visions of Gunnery Sgt. Hartman dancing thru my head... Where is R. Lee Ermey when you need him? Yup, now I'm more than ever in favor of the mandatory conscription to serve the country as a civil workforce upon exiting HS (to serve until age 21).
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Kandrathe:

Take a look at the national service system in Germany that, as I recall, calls for a a two year investment. Do not know the loop holes, I am sure our German posters can advise us on that.

Age strikes me as a bogus requirement, time served a better one. If a guy or gal graduates from High School at 16, as I did, and puts in his two years of whatever good stuff they can do to help out, then I say, if you are going to do national service, leave the age metric out of it. Too many variables that are not worth trying to control.

And then there are the loopholes. :P

"I am allergic to chicken feathers!"
"It's all about me, I shouldn't have to do that!"

Enter rich or connected benefactor . . .

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Special circumstances for those that get their HS degree early then, but generally I was thinking 3 years with most people leaving HS around 18 years old, but 2 would be fine. I would toss in a college or technical education for as many years served as part of the wages earned, and they would get useable job experience, better citizenship, and references as well.

Well, loopholes would creep in as the Congress just can't seem to leave anything well enough alone. Same reason complicated tax laws seem to creep into the tax code. I'm sure the rich kids would do their service at some favorite national golf course or yacht club. I suppose you would need to keep it in check like everything else with scrutiny and disclosure. I've heard that some rich kids even use the military to pad their resume's with medals and citations.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

A fool and a troll, are not the same thing Occhi. Not at all.
My other mount is a Spiderdrake
I'm afraid that I'm siding with Occhi here. My vote goes to the latter.
Taeme,Sep 14 2004, 03:36 AM Wrote:A fool and a troll, are not the same thing Occhi. Not at all.
Why not both?

Anyone with a cat that dies and then isn't dead three days later is either a mad genius (ala frankenwienie) or just doesn't search for any facts before making a decision.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Quote:Anyone with a cat that dies and then isn't dead three days later is either a mad genius (ala frankenwienie) or just doesn't search for any facts before making a decision.

My cat went missing the same night we heard coyotes like by the house?? Then he showed up 3 days later.

This is getting ridiculous. Every post I make you people call me a troll. What gives??
In this case I have heard of the draft from amazon basin, people didn't argue with it, so this time isn't any try at trolling. Other times may or may not be, I don't really know.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Policital Suicide. This is, of course, if it is passed (and it won't be). There are, of course, exceptions (there's an exception to most rules).
I for one wouldn't mind seeing this guy bent over a drill sgt's knee.

"What_in_Hell_did you call me?"

"Dr1!! $3rg34n1!"

"Drop!"
Out here,
--Ajax
But it has been a rough week, so I'll write that off to stress and waaaaaaaay to much caffeine.

Rogue who's Torn and Frayed
(Has seen much better days
Just as long as the guitar plays
And plays golf on Saturdays . . .
)

A free +1 Mana Large Charm for whoever can name the album and song . . . yes, like me, it is old. Some lyrics, however, stick with ya.
In Memory of Pete
While your observation of non equivalence is noted, I will attempt a small parody of Shakespeare here to try and describe the species in question.

Feste the Fool: Better a willy fool than a foolish wit. (Twelfth Night)

In a similar but not identical comparison, 'tis better to be a witty troll than a half wit.

Some trolls are to be commended for their unique talent in setting land mines, while others are merely tiresome. Fools, on the other hand, are simply pathetic.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete