Escape from Barak Mesa Research Facility...
I don't even know how many ways I'm implicated in the "Domestic Terrorism Lexicon". Our government has taken the whole "if you are not with us, then you are against us" philosophy to the domestic arena. I'm not on any "watch lists" yet that I know of. Anyway, I'm going to catch the train to City 17 and see if I can aid the resistance in taking down the Combine Over Watch.

Such as it is, Life imitates Science Fiction.

... "Pick up that can."
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Maybe I need to have played Half-Life? Or are you telling us something here?

-Jester
Quote:Maybe I need to have played Half-Life?
OMG!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Hi,

Quote:OMG!
Add me to the 'OMG!' list. Never got interested enough in Half Life to do more than get started. Although I did try to use Foxy to get a HOTAS configuration set up to play FPS games. That, too, was boring. And mostly a failure.

So, color me clueless.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:So, color me clueless.

--Pete
Not likely.

My son plays a bit of Half Life 2, which I watch from the side.

The FPS perspective does nothing for me.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Add me to the 'OMG!' list. Never got interested enough in Half Life to do more than get started.
Ditto, though I never even got started (actually, I haven't even seen the game being played). I think the last FPS game I spent more than half an hour playing was Doom I.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
If it makes you feel better, I got it.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Quote:If it makes you feel better, I got it.
If it made you chuckle or groan just a little bit, then I'm happy. :)

Played Half life 1 and 2 numerous times. Still didn't get it. Am I stupid?
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Quote:Angel' date='May 7 2009, 10:39 AM' post='166757']Played Half life 1 and 2 numerous times. Still didn't get it. Am I stupid?
Didn't you ever listen to the lady on the loud speaker... "Unidentified person of interest confirm your civil status with local protection team immediately." or "Individual, you are convicted of multi-anticivil violations. Implicit citizenship revoked. Status; malignant."

In other Combine news, I heard that Mexican officials were using thermal scanners before allowing people onto buses in Mexico City. So, this one applies... "Warning, malignant viral interface bypass detected. Polyphasic core reprogramming detected. Sterilizers and containment fields maybe compromised."