9/11 coverup?
Quote:then that's a stupid rule

unrealshadow13:

I find it interesting that a prize lackwit, that would be you, believes that he has the depth of judgement necessary to deem "stupid" a rule, from a set of rules, that has helped this Forum immensely since its inception. The rules were first a set of accepted norms, then were formally written and codified. Bolty has given these rules his seal of approval. I am not sure if you know this or not, but Bolty has a good head on his shoulders. You, apparently, have nothing but an ear separator.

Before you post again, click on the Rules and the etiquette links at the top right hand corner of the page, or use the handy dandy links I just provided.

Read them. If you feel you can abide by them, then raise your level of discourse to Lounge standard. If you cannot, don't let the door hit you in your brain on the way out.

This post has been hand crafted to be deliberately derisive in tone. You can expect more of the same if you choose to continue to act the fool. If you do not like your feelings hurt, I strongly suggest you either smarten up or hit the bricks. Or, get used to being insulted. Heck, if you are the masochist you seem to be, you may be getting a kick out of the barbs sent your way. Different strokes for different folks.

Have a nice trip, see you in the fall.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I said that IF there was a rule that forbids members to give their opinion on the subje ct of the thread just because nobody else agreed with it, then it would be a stupid rule. I read the rules and the etiquette and I'm working on the FAQ and I don't see anything that says that members can't speak their minds.
So, if I begin spouting some obscene, racist remarks, directed at you, it would be A-OK, because you claim that there is nothing in the rules that prevents us from speaking our minds?
That contradicts with other rules, so no, you can't do that. Feel free to PM me though.
Its not worth the time :)
Hmmmm... how to respond to the claim that the New York attacks were a government conspiracy? Oh, I know! Let's claim that it is true *and* that it was planned by the same blokes who whacked President Kennedy. If we're going to believe ludicrous things, let's believe *really* ludicrous things.

*ahem* Anyhow...

On the subject of terrorism: I do not believe that the US is to blame for the terrorist attacks on their own soil. It is terrorists who premeditate, plan and execute their designs. It is abundantly obvious that they alone shoulder the responsability for the carnage they inflict.

On the other hand, I do believe that American foreign policy has contributed towards making the USA a prime target of such extremists. The propoganda is how this fact is often (mis)represented in print and other media -- imperialism and exploitation leading to predictable blowback. If only things were that simple. I suspect that the US's role as global peace keeper/body guard has earned it a lot of its enemies. Most of the pundits also fail to speculate on what problems we might have if the US were not policing the world.

Informed or not, this is what I've come to believe. Anyhow, what's more important is how we move forward.
Bush wouldn't be in office today if the votes were counted correctly in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Kansas, Wyoming, and Oklahoma. I heard there were thousands of votes in those places from dead people, people who voted twice, people moving from other states just to vote there, etc. :)

I know it, I was there when I should have been in school in Illinois. I was in Montana, and my clones were in other places.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
I hope you are joking!

2000 Popular and Electoral Vote Summary

Montana Bush 240178 (58%) , Gore 137216 (33%) , Nader 24437(6%)
Utah 515096 (67%), 203053 (36%), 35850 (5%)
Idaho 336937 (67%), 138637 (28%), 12292 (2%)
Nebraska 433862 (62%), 231780 (33%), 24540 (4%)
North Dakota 174852 (61%), 95284 (33%), 9486 (3%)
Sourth Dakota 190700 (60%), 118804 (38%),
Kansas 622332 (58%), 399276 (37%), 36086 (3%)
Wyoming 147947 (68%), 60481 (28%), 4625 (2%)
Oklahoma 744337 (60%), 474276 (38%)

Quote:I heard there were thousands of votes in those places from dead people, people who voted twice, people moving from other states just to vote there, etc.
The popular vote difference was 1,547,434 votes. None of these states are even close. Do you still think that there was enough fraud to tip the scales?

Now the races in Florida, Iowa, Wisconsin, Oregon, and New Mexico were close enough where any irregularities might have influenced the outcome. But, then other than Florida, those other near tie states went marginally to Gore.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Yes I am joking. I picked those states because I knew the difference was so large, and politicaly they go that way, thus making it something incredibly outrageous that there would be enough vote fraud to make the difference up. Don't worry, I haven't suddenly gone crazy.

The point was to make up something as outrageous as possible to go with the ideas of conspiracy theories.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
I heard the popular vote doesn't matter because america uses elecectarol votes. I really don't understand how the hole thing works, and google didn't yield much after 5 minutes because I stopped looking. Can anybody explain how they work?
You will have to look things like this up on your own.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Ok, then. I'm laughing. :)

The problem is that someone will believe you, and then quote you on it. :lol:
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Minionman,Sep 18 2004, 07:30 PM Wrote:Bush wouldn't be in office today if the votes were counted correctly in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Kansas, Wyoming, and Oklahoma.  I heard there were thousands of votes in those places from dead people, people who voted twice, people moving from other states just to vote there, etc.  :)

I know it, I was there when I should have been in school in Illinois.  I was in Montana, and my clones were in other places.
No Bush also wouldn't be in office today if becoming president requires a IQ test. But it doesn't. :o
I'M allready quite shocked that more or less 50 % of voters voted for that guy.
I would like to see his university grades (but probably they ars secret just like the ones from our crown prince) :D
I changed my opinion on Bush though after I saw his speech on the hurricanes in the south of the US. His solution was, and he assured this to the victims, that everybody should pray for the wind to stop.
So much wisdom, he has my vote. (if I was allowed to vote in the US)
Quote:(if I was allowed to vote in the US) 

allowed to vote, your opinion on that matter is worth about as much as the bird droppings that were on the bus window this morning.

How nice, to see yet another back of the pack driver in the "Whining Euro Trash Derby." :P

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Sep 19 2004, 10:09 AM Wrote:allowed to vote, your opinion on that matter is worth about as much as the bird droppings that were on the bus window this morning.

How nice, to see yet another back of the pack driver in the "Whining Euro Trash Derby."  :P 

Occhi
I know most americans couldn't care less about what other people think. I also thought that here at the lurkerlounge that was different. :D

Can I still drink that virtual guinness?
What would you think be the lowest acceptable IQ?

Your comments on Bush's religiousness are ironic considering that "Her Majesty Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard by the Grace of God Queen of the Netherlands" only has the authority to be Queen only by the grace of God.

Americans choose thier President. Even one in which you, Europe, and half of America might disapprove.

You come off as someone with a lot of class when you mock someone's religious beliefs. Especially when you use that as a justification for demeaning their intelligence.

Quote:I know most americans couldn't care less about what other people think. I also thought that here at the lurkerlounge that was different.
I don't think the "norm" for the lurkerlounge is to mock people's faith. You should be ashamed how easy it comes to you.
Quote:[Indeed, but since you are not] allowed to vote, your opinion on that matter is worth about as much as the bird droppings that were on the bus window this morning.

Occhi,

You've got to quit it with that line. Fine. People from other countries don't have the right to vote in America. Fair enough.

However, while I can respect that you didn't appreciate Eppie's post (and that's fine by me) this whole idea that somehow outsiders (particularly certain Loungers...) should have no opinion on American politics and foreign affairs is, well, to put it bluntly, ridiculous. More than any other country in the world, American politics affects everyone. Provided that critics are critical from a reasonable point of knowledge and a reasonable level of decorum, you can quibble with their points to your heart's content, but it's outrageous to think that they don't have the right to express themselves. This is particularly the case for Canadians given the fact that our economic and social well-being are so closely intertwined with your own. This rhetoric of 'closed borders' doesn't fly. If it's what I wanted, I could get a PhD in American Politics in Canada. Are you honestly of the opinion that someone like that is not entitled to an opinion?
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Chaerophon,Sep 20 2004, 06:25 AM Wrote:Occhi,

You've got to quit it with that line.  Fine.  People from other countries don't have the right to vote in America.  Fair enough.
I interpreted Occhi's analogy as "it's nice that you give a sh*t, but it's not really going to help much, now is it." Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I ghost several gaming fora with politically-minded members. One of these places, Ironworks, harbors a small coterie who enjoy taking a dig at American politics now and again. I also hate it when people from other countries assume that everyone in America either loves the president or is out to get him. (And everybody hates the "well, you should have done this--" type of advice.

Quote:This rhetoric of 'closed borders' doesn't fly.

Most of the Republican party's immigration blustering is to keep out "undesirables" (Mexicans, Haitians, etc.). They don't mind immigrants when they contribute to the technological revolution or pick strawberries or clean houses. Republicans also forget that we're ALL foreigners here in American, even the Indians who came across on the land bridge over ten thousand years ago. You're not the only one who thinks this is a stupid idea, Chaerophon. :)
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Sir_Die_alot,Sep 20 2004, 05:52 AM Wrote:You come off as someone with a lot of class when you mock someone's religious beliefs. Especially when you use that as a justification for demeaning their intelligence.

I don't think the "norm" for the lurkerlounge is to mock people's faith. You should be ashamed how easy it comes to you.
I don't mock somebodies faith. But if a president of a big country has as only thing to say to victims of a hurricane that "we have to pray" that just doesn't do it. (religious or not).