TPJ gets interviewed
TPJ, founder of the Amazon Basin guild site, was recently interviewed by the WoW Journal. Since many of us have ties to that site for its in-depth strategy discussions, thought some of you might want to give it a read.

http://wowjournal.elegantly.de/glog/articl...040826150027826

Happy 4th, TPJ!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Thank you sir!

(if you look hard, you might find a quick 'pat-on-the-back' given to the LL in the interview!)

Have a good game -
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
Quote:TPJ: We’re always in touch with people from outside of the guild. We’ll either just end up grouped with someone new or search out players from places like the Lurker Lounge. We’re always looking for like-minded people to game with - and since the Lurker Lounge exemplifies everything The Amazon Basin stands for, it’s easy to see why we’ve been close allies for close to four years now.

You are a class act, TPJ. :D

*te saluto*

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
w00t!
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
'Grats to TPJ!
The LurkerLounge is much cooler than the basin -- I think bolty should've been interviewed, not TPJ :P

Oh well -- if we had to lose out to someone, I'm glad it was who it was.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Funny, we were just talking about TPJ in the ABEastChat last night...
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
gekko,Sep 1 2004, 05:33 PM Wrote:The LurkerLounge is much cooler than the basin -- I think bolty should've been interviewed, not TPJ :P

Oh well -- if we had to lose out to someone, I'm glad it was who it was.
Um, thanks?
1. Who is bolty? I know of a swell fella named Bolty who runs the Lurker Lounge, but . . . bolty? :P

2. The Amazon Basin, located where it is in Brazil, is bound to be much warmer than the Lurker Lounge, located as you can see from the graphic at the top of each forum page, somewhere in the mountains, most likely in Azeroth.

Of course the Lounge would be much cooler, it is in a temperate, not a tropical, zone!

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Don't worry TPJ. Opinions are like iceholes... Er, wait. How does that go again?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Great interview!

Congrats, TPJ, you do service to all in your community. :)
You know I was just yankin' your chain. Seriously, the Basin roxxxors, I love it, couldn't live without it.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
You're teh besto gekko!!11
I always like the sound of bottom being kissed (go ahead and delete this if it's a problem)

Both sites are cool. Lurker lounge has is cooler per thread, but amazon basin is a lot bigger so has more useful information. (waits to get kicked out of both places at the same time)
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Actually...

[Image: Teh_Besto.png]
Congrats TPJ for being able to maintain such a huge and excellent community for 4 WHOLE YEARS, that is quite the feat in the realm of "j00 r teh suxxor" :)

By the way, I usually lurk at AB and hardly ever post so I don't think you'll know me much :)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
gekko,Sep 1 2004, 09:33 PM Wrote:The LurkerLounge is much cooler than the basin -- I think bolty should've been interviewed, not TPJ :P
One never knows ... B)
Howdy.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete