Apple releases the iMac G5
Clicky

These things look pretty slick. Of course, it's nothing compared to the real displays you can get for the G5 towers, but still.

I find it hilarious, since I just started seing many computers that seem unusually familiar to the iMac G4 (at least on the display end). Should be interesting to see who reacts quickest to this development.

In somewhat related news, anyone else see that HP is now selling the apple iPod? At this point, looks as if they're not actually doing anything to it; they're just reselling it, trying to latch on to the incredible popularity while hoping to get some juicy add-ons to their computer sales.

And finally, Rio has released the Rio Carbon, a slick little 5 GB hardrive MP3 player with better battery life and smaller dimensions than the iPod mini. Can this one do better in head to head combat with the iPod than Sony's most recent competition?

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
I wouldn't buy one of those. I do think it is a great Idea, Apples are fine compuers, but the configuration leads me to believe that it would be not durable and if something knocked it, it would Die. This happened to my monitor a while back, you see, since I'm a trombone player, I ended up getting a 30oz bottle of lubricant in the package deal from the music store(Trombone + Stand + lube +music stand + snake for only $15 more). I had already piced up the cream(better lubricant), so I put it on my desk by my monitor. A few days later, my cat knocked it into the monitor(a ViewSonic A50, ye I know I'm cheep) and It bumped it a few inches. Hate to say it, but It looks a little flimsy.
[Image: KenyaSig.png]

[wcip Wrote:Angel,Jul 2 2004, 11:19 AM]
unrealshadow13,Jul 2 2004, 11:02 AM Wrote:I find that a sorceress serves me better when doing MF runs. I have yet to find a useful niche for werewolves... They are a slow killer (imo) and my old werewolf always got owned in pvp.
Does that mean someone else owns your werewolf? How is that possible? He's on *your* account, isn't he?
I'm becoming a very large Mac fan the more time I spend at college. Last year a girl I was seeing had a (at the time) top of the line 12' powerbook. I plan on eventually investing in one myself, as soon as I can scrounge up the cash.

Recently my father won a brand new iPod 40 gig player and a trip to Las Vegas for hitting 180% over his target. Needless to say he went to Vegas and to the dislike of my brother, gave me the iPod.

I was skeptical of the price compared to other mp3 players, figuring people were paying just for a name, and not for supreme quality. But damn. I've had it for about a week now and I'm completely blown away at how well this is engineered. The menu's are well thought out, the scroll wheel is the best touch device I've ever seen. The whole package is slick, right down to the packaging.

For my current standing as an undergrad college student staring down years of masters/doctoral work, Mac is starting to really win me over.

Also I witnessed a friend drop a 10 gig version 3 ipod down a flight of cement stairs. She picked it up, it still was playing. I've yet to hear any complaints or complications from her about it. Unreal.

Cheers to mac.

Anyone else feel that the iMac is just a laptop with the screen turned inside out, and a silly stand glued to the back? :P

Munk
Munkay,Aug 31 2004, 06:43 PM Wrote:Last year a girl I was seeing had a (at the time) top of the line 12' powerbook.
Wow! I would love to see the backpack she carries that thing in! :lol:

(sorry - couldn't resist)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
The powerbook carries her!
The G5 seems like it would be nice to, say, have on your desk as to space concerns. But visually, it's a lump of beige goo. Which doesn't appeal to me at all.
My other mount is a Spiderdrake