Posting and you...
The condition is called Periapism, named for the ancient (Greek IIRC) diety of fertility, whose likeness is typically a statuette with the extended sausage being about as long as the figure is tall. Bought a few key rings with that image in a small likeness when I was in Turkey years ago, and sent them to a few friends as gag gifts. One, a gal, sent back a question: "Nice gag gift, but can you send me the address for the fellow who modeled for the statue?"

This nonsense brought to you by the Olympic Judges Guild, a competence optional employer

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Raz,Aug 26 2004, 01:47 AM Wrote:A diamond in a cave full of carbon.

http://projectboil.pixel10.co.uk/posting/Posting.html

Careful: There is sound in the animation.
[right][snapback]54327[/snapback][/right]

It seems that link is down. An active version of it can be found here.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Taeme,Aug 28 2004, 03:48 AM Wrote:On a side note, some men can in fact pee while ... Yeah. Anyway. Not myself, but I've read of people who can.  Must be some weird genetic fluke.

Hmm. As I recall, as some point in human history/evolution we were self-selecting above all for resistance to contagious disease. (This would be once we had cities.)

Perhaps the genetic fluke you mention will be a selected survival trait once marketing becomes advanced enough that we no longer have a choice about buying these drugs.

BTW, the link in the original post didn't work for me. Couldn't resolve http://projectboil.pixel10.co.uk/posting/Posting.html .

-- CH

*giggle* *snort*

Although I missed one reply in the thread, and err, was wondering where the discussion of priapism came from... all figured out now. =)
Scientist by Day
Sorceress by Night
Occhidiangela,Aug 28 2004, 04:25 AM Wrote:The condition is called Periapism, named for the ancient (Greek IIRC) diety of fertility, whose likeness is typically a statuette with the extended sausage being about as long as the figure is tall.  Bought a few key rings with that image in a small likeness when I was in Turkey years ago, and sent them to a few friends as gag gifts.  One, a gal, sent back a question: "Nice gag gift, but can you send me the address for the fellow who modeled for the statue?"

This nonsense brought to you by the Olympic Judges Guild, a competence optional employer

Occhi
[right][snapback]54493[/snapback][/right]

Hm... Didn't know the genesis of the work Occhi. In medic lingo, "priapism" I have heard used to refer to the persistent erection trauma patients get. It is the result of trauma to the sacral or coccyx spinal cord. Because these patients are generally in VERY bad shape (is usually associated with a pelvic fracture to add to the troubles), it is sometimes referred to as "God's final joke" to the patient.

Needless to say, my medic buddies and I were quite amused to learn this.

Didn't know it was a general term though.
Out here,
--Ajax