LL guild vs. end-of-beta
Greetings--

First off, I would like to apologize beforehand if this topic has come up before (I read a few pages back and didn't see anything). But, the beta-testing universe will be ended, probably by the release of the "real" game. My concern is, will the LurkerLounge guilds for World of Warcraft be restarted once the game is released, even if the Lurker Lounge site does not adopt the game?

The reason I am asking is, I'm not in the beta; I plan on getting this game; and most Lurkers out there are people who I'd love to game with in a "massive." I feel that if the guilds close their doors, I'll never get the chance :-(

Again, sorry if this is a waste of time...
Out here,
--Ajax
I know that Bolty doesn't plan on running the Guild if he purchases the game. Hopefully, with his blessing, one of us who are buying the game will be able to run a guild.
We'll see what happens when we get there but, at worst, if the Lurker Lounge group doesn't have its own guild you could go try the Amazon Basin Guild. If there was no Lurker Lounge guild, that's probably where I'd go as there's a lot of crossover between these two groups and the people are pretty similar for both.

But these are all hypothetical... we'll see what happens many months from here when the game is actually done. :)
-TheDragoon
Tal,Aug 25 2004, 08:50 AM Wrote:Hopefully, with his blessing, one of us who are buying the game will be able to run a guild.
My point was that nobody needs my blessing! You are a community. I provide the space for you to meet, that's it (especially now that I'm done doing content).

MongoJerry went ahead and got the guild going on the PvP server. Notice how I was not involved in that in any way. Nor did I give a blessing. :) The Lurkers playing there wanted to make the guild, Mongo took charge, and got it going. That's what will need to happen. This website will not officially endorse any guild, but its community of players can (and should) make a guild in the game! I would even enjoy joining such an entity. Just not as its leader.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Aug 25 2004, 05:20 PM Wrote:My point was that nobody needs my blessing!  You are a community.  I provide the space for you to meet, that's it (especially now that I'm done doing content).

MongoJerry went ahead and got the guild going on the PvP server.  Notice how I was not involved in that in any way.  Nor did I give a blessing.  :)  The Lurkers playing there wanted to make the guild, Mongo took charge, and got it going.  That's what will need to happen.  This website will not officially endorse any guild, but its community of players can (and should) make a guild in the game!  I would even enjoy joining such an entity.  Just not as its leader.

-Bolty
Well then. I guess the community should get together upon retail and make a guild. ;)
Quote: This website will not officially endorse any guild, but its community of players can (and should) make a guild in the game! I would even enjoy joining such an entity. Just not as its leader.

I don't think I can blame Bolty. Guild leadership's gotta suck.

Seriously though, this is good to know. I'm sure someone in the Lounge will step up and get somthing together.

Thanks.
Out here,
--Ajax