First Ladder II Level 99 Chars Disqualified
The first Diablo Ladder Season II *cough* winners *cough* have now been disqualified:

Quote: Update -- After reviewing the characters' status, we have determined that HFC_Nicksor, LegitOwnzU-RHN, and nini-light are the first characters to reach level 99 on their respective Realms. Unfortunately, these characters must be disqualified as they failed to provide Blizzard with a valid e-mail address and properly register their accounts at the time of their creation.

This requirement is clearly stated in the Contest Rules, as seen here: http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/misc/d2la...est_rules.shtml

Players must remember to register and provide Blizzard with their e-mail contact information, so we can award prizes to the winners.

The Prize package, which includes a signed copy of World of Warcraft -- Collector’s Edition, a Warcraft III -- Tichondrius Statue, a Blizzard Shirt, and a Blizzard North CD Wallet, is still available for registered players to win.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
This fits perfectly....
[Image: misc16.jpg]
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Blizzard is stupid... They can just type /w *theiraccount messege. If you type that on b.net you can send an instant messege to somebody. Blizzard could also type /f add account and then type /f l to see if he's online.
They could do that to contact the person. But should they have to? The rules are pretty clear:

Quote:To Enter, you must have a "Battle.net" account which includes a valid email address, and play Diablo II: Lord of Destruction Realms during the Contest Period.

I personally don't think that Blizzard should have to do more work to make up for the laziness of the contest entrants.
unrealshadow13,Aug 21 2004, 07:23 PM Wrote:Blizzard is stupid... They can just type /w *theiraccount messege. If you type that on b.net you can send an instant messege to somebody. Blizzard could also type /f add account and then type /f l to see if he's online.
They should go to that sort of trouble to to give someone a prize!

Hmm.

Mmm.

No people should stop being stupid and follow contest rules.
My other mount is a Spiderdrake
I would be lame if Blizz didnt hold people to the obvious stated rules it made itself.
Quote: I would be lame if Blizz didnt hold people to the obvious stated rules it made itself.

You would be lame for any number of reasons, but it would hardly be Blizzard's fault! ;)

Given how poorly Blizzard enforced their own rules in the first two years of Diablo II's existence, I guess you would have been lame back then, too!

Sorry, I just could not resist. It was just a typo, but so tempting a target. And I am so weak willed . . . :(

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete