It's here....
Thanks! I was very surprized that they took the catheter out before I went home. Sorry for the news of your cousin. I've played DII with a catheter, but I have never yet had the pleasure with WoW. I was going to link to the image posted by our absurd moderator in a prior thread, but in good taste I see that it has been taken down.

As you saw (briefly) last night, I am back on line. Now even with some sound! Frame rates are about 25-60 with all graphic settings on max. The only game problem (other than my lack of ability) is that the sound occasionally drops out. I still would have preferred dual processors, but I am tweaking settings to try to make things better. I wish I knew how to drop the CPU multiplier so that I could increase the front side bus.

The main sound problem, was due to the motherboard's VIA Firewire chip. Sound would start OK, and then start to have an echo. Switching to an Adaptec Firewire card made that problem go away.

Data Execution Prevention does not like WoW. I wish I knew how to turn it off globally, rather than program by program.

XP all on its own without my permission decided to create a new pagefile on the partion I use for WoW. This had the effect of running out of room as I was restoring the WoW files. Unfortunately I did not at first notice. I can report that WoW will run just fine without its textures. Here is what it will look like when the Scourge has overrun Stormwind...

[Image: green.jpg]
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."