It's here....
Well, looks like I'm going to be switching back over to the horde.... just when I was about 1000 xp away from 23 with my paladin. But I'll be starting back up with my Tauren warrior from the second patch.

Which leads me to this question:

Who is going to start all new characters, and who is going to go with what they already had?
I'll just use the Horde characters I already have cause they really aren't that high a level.

My mage is only lv 18, my Shaman is only 10, and my Warrior hasn't even logged in yet. So not much point in restarting my characters as far as I'm concerned.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
I'm going to play new characters. Either a Tauren (Zhakaro) or a Troll (Zherun) Shaman and Andriana an Undead Rogue. :) I just can't decide on which race the Shaman should be. I dislike how big the Tauren are, but I also don't particularly like the accent on the trolls.
-TheDragoon
And it's Teh Notes!
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/...h-8-17-04.shtml
Quote:You are automatically flagged for PvP when you enter enemy cities.

Yay! No more Horde hanging out in Stormwind! That really irritated me before.
Quote:Paladin:

New Proficiency: Two-Handed Axes.

Yay! They took my suggestion and allowed Pallies to use two-handed axes! Well, I suppose I wasn't the only one who suggested this, but logically it didn't make sense; the Paladin could use a 1-h Sword, a 2-h Sword, a 1-h Mace, a 2-h Mace, a 1-h Axe but no 2-h Axe. Now, all is right in the world! ...
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
I have no choice, having no Horde characters at all. I'll be starting a Tauren warrior and/or priest. I shall mightily resist the temptation to immerse myself in the masses of Hunters right out of the gate.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
I am starting a Tauren Hunter. I have the patch, waiting for the servers to come up. Have to leave in 2,5 hours unfortunately, but there's always tomorrow.

Now, gimme servers! :D
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Anyone else has the patch yet? I left the downloader on for the whole night, and I got about 210 megs, except now I can't get anything above 1 kb/s down... I don't know how, but Blizzard managed to make their download client even worse.
I will continue to use my orc warrior (which is now level 30ish). I hope to be able to play some higher level areas that way. I also hope to finally be able to get into an instance (never got to it in alliance). So perhaps someone is interested in doing a Shadowfang or Wailing caverns (yes, I might be too high level, but still).
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Hi,

. . . don't know how, but Blizzard managed to make their download client even worse.

And the best part is if you click on "If you have a problem downloading, click here" ;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx...&p=1#post218737

This post tells you how to use the Blizzard's supplied tracker with REAL bittorrent systems. Granted, it's a bit of a headache, but I am now downloading at 50kb/s up from 0!
Feh. Another opportunity for me to wrestle with getting a large file downloaded via BT. Guess I'll have to take a look at that thread in the hopes of getting a semi-decent dl this time. :(

I HATE Bit torrent.

I don't know which way I'm going to go just yet. I'm having a lot of fun playing Sharanna and Shalandrax. I might stick with them until you guys get into the 20's and rejoin you with Jack. Dunno.
Hi,

Well, I got the patch and it is busy installing itself. Took about 9 hours to dl. Time for me to start the process on Magi's machine :)

As to your main question, I don't know what I'm going to do. I've got a couple of 'projects' and one character I'm just playing, but they are all alliance. I might start a Tauren Druid. I started one on the PvP server just to get a feel and it might be fun.

The only Horde character I have on the beta server is Grisk of the Sunday orc group. I think that group may be defunct (haven't seen anyone there when I checked in a couple of times) so I may play Grisk as a 'general' character.

--Pete

is the interrupt in the poky download which occurs when you get the message "cannot connect to tracker". Of course, you can click "ok" and it resumes but it means you have to babysit the damn thing. I went to bed last night hoping download would be finished but, alas, I had the message and had to click "ok" to resume the download. The same thing will doubtless happen when I go to work today. (Yes, DeeBye, it is not as bad as what you will experience, but still annoying.)
Hi,

. . . you can click "ok" and it resumes . . .

I think it continues even when that message is on. At least, the download completed for me with that message on. And I know it made no difference in the last round of down loading. Just another example of sloppy programming. That info should be a piece of status on the main down load screen and it should just toggle itself on and off.

So, the good news is you'll probably have it all when you get home (which is probably when you'll see this :) )

--Pete

I used the 'alternative' download method and got the patch in 3,5 hours. worked very well.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Hi,

I used the 'alternative' download method and got the patch in 3,5 hours. worked very well.

I watched TV and then slept through most of my download. And that worked very well too. ;)

--Pete

Quote:Anyone else has the patch yet? I left the downloader on for the whole night, and I got about 210 megs, except now I can't get anything above 1 kb/s down... I don't know how, but Blizzard managed to make their download client even worse.

Funny thing about that..... I started downloading as soon as the servers shut down, and came back up. The download client downloaded a whopping 25MB, and uploaded 23MB. And to make matters worse, it's because it bottomed out and said that the file could not be found.

Looks like I'll have to try it out tonight....
I used the standard download method, started it right away last night, and woke up to it being half done around 9am. So uck.

I then found that alternative download method, switched to that, and had the second half (including all my time fiddling with that BitTorrent client since it was my first time using it and all) done by 11:15am.

Sadly the regular server was down. I did make my Tauren Hunter on PvP and messed around there a little, though. I really like the auto-fire, though I'm annoyed that I start with a gun and will have to wait for thirty skill points until I can get a bow. Fair enough trade-off there, though.
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Well, I tried to do the alternate method but was unable to get it to work for me. I downloaded that PE Explorer and also BitTornado. I put BitTornado in my WOW file. I thought I was following the instructions but apparently not. I was unable to save a torrent file to my desktop which would generate anything but an error message. Obviously, the instructions werent dumbed down enough for me, so I am back to chugging along with a download of 10kps and an upload of 20. One would think I had a dialup connection.

I miss playing with Lurkers and sort of fell out of the loop when I did not stick with Horde characters during the second push. This left me with a level 50 Rogue (in a different guild) and my Lurker guild characters are a bit low to be able to play with many of you. The Rogue "could" now but the high level Alliance Lurker group is generally full. I have a level 16 Orc Warlock who played with the Sunday night group and I will probably just play her, although Warlock is not exactly my favorite character.