Canada pwnzzors the olympics
Clicky

"The man, a 31-year old Canadian citizen, has been detained by police and will face a court hearing tomorrow the spokeswoman said."

Go canada!

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
i don't get it.
I believe you.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Strange as it may seem...I get it!

Here's a hint unreal: Click the link, read the story. Maybe this helps. I doubt it though.

Greetings

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Hahaha, that is great! :D :lol:
WWBBD?
YES! AWESOME!!

Makes me so damn proud to be Canadian. GO CANADA!!

Seriously, though, I really am proud to be Canadian, but this guy's nationality has nothing to do with why he did that. That was strictly for money, despite his "I'm sending a message home" clamis. Still, it's pretty damn hilarious. I wish I could have seen it in person!
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
Quote:No marks for style: Tutu interloper

Was written below the picture of the man while jumping into the pool, IMO it's not fair, the tutu is a whole new style of it's own! :)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
An ealier article from CBC on the same event.

As much ass this kicks, I'm also dissapointed that the disturbance caused athletes to lose concentration and ultimately turned the results in an unexpected direction.

There also seems to be some discrepancy on how quickly the man was apprehended.

Well, not like CNN is particularly known for its accuracy. :ph34r:
18 times the speed of light? Hmmm, correct me if I'm wrong but if it really did crash so fast wouldn't it destroy Earth entirely?
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
TaiDaishar,Aug 17 2004, 10:21 PM Wrote:18 times the speed of light? Hmmm, correct me if I'm wrong but if it really did crash so fast wouldn't it destroy Earth entirely?
Not before causing the entire universe as we know it to cease to exist, due to a mind numbing alteration in our knowledge of physics.

Cheers,

Munk
What? That plasma ball? Nah? It would have disipated into a cloud of hot gas. >poof<
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

gekko,Aug 18 2004, 01:13 AM Wrote:I believe you.

gekko
To be honest, I read the article, but I didn't see anything that would justify the use of "pwnzzors".
<_<
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
The twit.

He should have got a companion and jumped together.

Then they could have gabbed their way out by claiming to be the Canadian team. With the 10 points for style they might even have walked out with a medal.

Another wasted opportunity.
Should have shaved the torso hair first for max style points, and to look more like most of the divers in the competition. Tutu just alternative swim gear. Ad was no more offensive than the Nike logo on shirts etc that many endorsement garnering athletes display shamelessly. If they all ran naked, like the old Olympics did, the TV ratings would soar!
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Brazilian Attacked During Men's Marathon

Quote:ATHENS, Greece Aug. 29, 2004 — The defrocked Irish priest who bolted from the crowd and tackled the marathon leader about three miles from the finish Sunday has been arrested before for disrupting sporting events.
Cornelius Horan, 57, was wearing a green beret, a red kilt and knee-high green socks when he attacked Brazilian runner Vanderlei Lima, knocking him into the crowd. Lima was able to recover and finish, but had to settle for the bronze medal.

The Canadian was merely a distraction, while this guy got physical with the athlete.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Let's hope he doesn't find out that you called him a Brit. :D

Anyway, I would like to know all the crazy men that were actually stopped before they could do their thing?. It looks to me now that there were only two crazy guys, which both succeeded to slip past security. Maybe they should have hired 20.000 more bodyguards. :D

I think the real victim here is Stefano Baldini who won gold now. There was now way Lima would have gotten gold, even without this nut pushing him away. The medal of Baldini, now always has this thing attached to it. He ran a perfect race and deserved gold.
So many Irish people would tear your ears off for claiming their fellow-countryman is British. Or, if they're ashamed of him, they may agree...
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
I suppose. To us across the pond they still are ruled as "Britainnia" so I tend to refer to the occupants of that island together. And, I would still call Québécois Canadians. But, imagine the uproar if some royal interfered with chucking wellies at Glengarry. After a sound pummeling of the interloper, I bet they would allow a do over.

eppie,Aug 31 2004, 03:39 AM Wrote:Anyway, I would like to know all the crazy men that were actually stopped before they could do their thing?. It looks to me now that there were only two crazy guys, which both succeeded to slip past security. Maybe they should have hired 20.000 more bodyguards. :D
I would be more interested in this story had it happened in Beijing!
One of the few good moments in FOTR with Arwen/Glorfindel/Liv. Please keep it. :D
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete