Does this prove he is nothing but a troll?
First of all, it's a little known fact that I am a 1337 haXXXor. :ph34r:

Anyways, Unrealshadow13's real name is Arun Croll. This wouldn't ordinarily be of interest, but here's the proof and I'll show you why it's important in a sec.:

http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=X...=unrealshadow13

Now, note this thread, locked by Bolty, from a few weeks ago:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...f210e4504353dba

The moron actually responds to his own post with a second account made out in his real name.

Although his time has been amusing, I think this might seal it...?

I don't doubt that he is most likely responsible for the "tubgirl" attack last month either. Of course, that last bit is all speculation. Anyways, cheers to a good run mate!
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
But according to the thread, that particular troll knows unrealshadow. It wouldn't be much trouble to use his actual name, since it's out in the public. My real name is public somewhere around the internet; it wouldn't be hard for someone with a grudge to pretend to be me.

If they are the same person, they would have corresponding IP's in which the mods would have already caught on to this ruse.

We shall see.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Archon_Wing,Aug 16 2004, 01:14 PM Wrote:If they are the same person, they would have corresponding IP's in which the mods would have already caught on to this ruse.
Even though what you're saying is correct keep in mind there are many dynamic IPs today that change everytime you connect to the internet.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
My IP is dynamic, however, the mods could easily detect me if I were to create troll accounts, because my address would be in the same range. My ISP sticks me with with addresses beginning with a certain number no matter what I do.

If the mods saw 5 troll accounts with similar Ip addresses, that is great room for suspicion!

It is possible to fake one's IP addresses via proxies, of course. But why go through that kind of trouble?

* Archon_Wing remains the skeptic. Not until the fat lady sings. :)
Well, I'm a full-time university student, I have access to many computers there. I have friends with computers. The local library has internet access. The guy has a website, called "domainarun" in which he talks about his cat being eaten by Coyotes! Here:

http://www.domainarun.com/birthday/index.html
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
I really don't see where it matters one way or another, whether he is trolling or whether that's just the way he is. If he wishes to post an inane topic, and 25 different people reply to the thread, what does that tell us?

If he is consistently having posts editted by mods, or the threads he starts end up getting locked numerous times because they were inappropriate or were "hot button" issues, then it's an issue. If he spams the forum with a mass of posts like the situation a few weeks back, clearly that's a problem. If he starts a couple stupid threads and everyone on the Lounge chooses to reply to them, that says more about us than him.
But why would anyone go through that kind of trouble? I certainly wouldn't waste time on that.
"Hey, can you let me use the computer. I need to troll this forum. :)"
It's rather tacky to make new threads to discuss other Lurkers, at least when the discussion casts them in this sort of light. How do you think the individual is going to respond -- particularly this individual? It's going to be messy. Thread closed.

If you think you have information regarding trolling activities of a particular Lurker on this board, please take it up privately with one of the moderators. Preferably, take it up with a moderator who's dealt with the person before.

-Lemmy