my cat got eaten
What's a nit?

We can't have our cat inside :(
Frontline, that flea-treatment for cats, also kills ticks. The trick is that you need to reapply it every 30 days for ticks, even though you could maybe go a bit longer if you just wanted flea control.

Frontline is pretty spendy, but it works well. Before buying any cheaper version (I see "top spot" stuff all over the place these days), I'd at least make sure it had the same active ingredient.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
unrealshadow13,Aug 14 2004, 01:20 PM Wrote:I'm living in CA, USA at the moment, and my cat has been missing for a day now. There are coyotes around here (Sonoma County) and we think he got eaten. Do coyotes eat cats? A bunch of google searches said no. Any personal experiences?
I live in a rural area of Santa Barbara and when I first bought my house, the city told me to keep my dog (a pug) inside at night because the coyotes would eat him. The city (or title company, which one I can't remember) told me that home owners in my area had asked if they could legally "hunt" coyotes on their property because they had eaten a LOT of their cats. I don't recall what the city said, but it stuck in my mind that coyotes definitly eat cats, amoungst larger animals.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
unrealshadow13,Aug 17 2004, 11:48 PM Wrote:What's a nit?
A nit is one of several things depending on the context. This definition from the local institution of higher learning by way of Google:

"egg or young of an insect parasitic on mammals especially a sucking louse..."
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Hi

Quote:The Coyote:

Questions from our readers

Cats and small dogs are like candy to coyotes. They are such easy prey. You also have to communicate with your neighbors and make sure you are all doing the same thing.

Quote:Table 2: Comparison of Food Habits of Coyotes from Four Regional Areas in California

A Review of Stomach Content Analysis

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
We can't have our cat inside

The allegedly guilty coyote does not seem to have been similarly constrained! :lol:

Have you tried tracking him? If so, did you find any detrius?

Did he ralph up part of his feline filet, or was the digestion completed and left in compact cylinderical deposits? Tracking the offending canis latrans down, as well as examining his fewments and sputum, should yield confirmation or negation of his guilt regarding the disappearance of your pet.

*cracks knuckles* Still rusty.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
The cat's alive.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
This reminded me of a recent story that I posted about on a different forum:
Quote:Purr-fect homecoming for elusive cat

WINNIPEG - A Selkirk woman is celebrating the return of her lost cat – 18 years after the pet first disappeared.

Leslie Dumas was puzzled when her father told her the Winnipeg Humane Society had called, asking her to get in touch with them.

"I phoned them, and they said, 'We have your cat,'" she says.

"I said, 'What cat?'"

Dumas had to think back almost 20 years to 1986, when she was 22 years old. "We had a house fire, and we had moved, and somebody let the cats out and both cats went missing," she recalls.

Just recently, a dehydrated and malnourished black cat was found wandering around the East Kildonan area of Winnipeg. A kind stranger brought him to the Winnipeg Humane Society.

The identification tattoo in the cat's ear was still legible enough for the society to find the Dumas family.

"I said to the vet, 'This can't be. He looks like Seagull, but how can this be?' He just said it has to be, because of the tags."

Seagull is going on 20. He has cataracts and can't see much – but he's a living example of the value of getting a pet tattooed.

"It's a miracle. There's no words to describe it," says Dumas. "It's just … I needed him and he needed me."

Seagull will be the guest of honour at a benefit for the Winnipeg Humane Society on Friday. Anyone who wants to see him can drop by 543 Main Street in Selkirk – and bring a can of pet food.[Image: mb_dumascat20040809.jpg]
And, the interview with Leslie Dumas
This is from the show As it Happens on the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation Wireless Talking Thingie. It was originally aired 10-Aug-2004.