n00bie question!
what is the difference between a ladder character and a non ladder character? :huh:
Ladder characters are seperate from Non Ladder chars, and they can not join the same games. There are certain bonuses to Ladder Play, such as new Rune Words and Ladder Only Items. Also, if your character is high enough it is on the "Ladder" or the list of highest level characters. The ladder seasons have a limited time period (this is currently season 2 of the ladder) before ladder characters become 'non ladder' chars (This occurs when the ladder season ends). Ladder chars are then converted into non ladder, and a new season starts (where everyone starts from scratch again).

Same exact differentiations in Hardcore Ladder compared to Hardcore Non-Ladder as well.

Cheers,

Munk
Ladder characters have the opportunity to win better prizes (use more runewords). If you play online, there is no reason not to play on the ladder.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

monsters in later levels are harder than non ladder. I think monsters are smarter too. Ladder is the same as single player.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
That is all.
Ghostiger,Aug 13 2004, 03:14 PM Wrote:That is all.
:( Ok .... then I won't mention that corporate ladder chars get better pay ....... ;)
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto