Is anyone NOT going to play a Hunter next patch?
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx...7466#Post177466

Tigole Wrote:I've spent the morning playing the hunter. You guys are in for a *serious* treat. The class has so many diverse functions. You can choose to play your hunter in so many different ways.

Some of his cool abilities include:

Beast taming -- choose a beast, tame it, name it.
Beast training -- teach your beast new abilities.
Traps -- these rule... many different uses
Stings -- special shots that debuff your enemy
Beast lore -- get special information about beast targets
Aspects -- a cool line of buffs
Beast fear -- run away little doggy

There is so much more that I am leaving out.

This does sound seriously cool.

I think it will be hilarious to watch the thousands of newbie Hunters roaming the WoW servers after the next patch. Everyone's gonna want to play one, myself included.
Personally, I think I'll let the Hunter Craze die down a bit. I'm more interested in seeing the Talents for a Priest or even starting up a new Shaman than trying out the Hunter. I've been fighting the urge to start a Shaman for a while now so I'm pretty sure I can fight the urge to play a Hunter. :)
-TheDragoon
Considering I'm not even officially in the Beta, I don't think I'll be playing a Hunter. I have been wanting to try out a Shaman, though, since it's the Horde's answer to the Alliance's Paladin.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Speaking of which, since the next phase is imminent (perhaps next week, according to Blizzard posts), do we want to play Horde again next push?

Personally I'm enjoying the whole switching back and forth each phase thing - it keeps the game fresh. I can understand some people not wanting to switch back after developing their alliance chars this phase, but we won't be able to keep any of these characters anyway when the beta ends. The beta's going to go for months and months yet - we can always keep our current Alliance chars around for the phase AFTER the next one.

I enjoy gaming with my fellow Lurkers, and I'd like it a lot if we can come to a majority consensus - shall we play Horde again in the next push? Blizzard has stated that the Horde's really going to get cleaned up in terms of areas and quests now. The Barrens has really been reworked already, and likely huge changes are coming to Orgrimmar and the other Horde zones.

If put to a vote, I'd say let's return to the Horde again next patch. Thoughts?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Horde is good, then my hunter can train one of them zebras! :D

hosey luv... horsey luv...
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
I'd like to get Sharanna to the level cap but if you guys go horde I might concentrate on getting Shalandrax to a higher level as it is becomming more and more apparent to me that Sharanna is simply not up to being the main tank. Last night I found a good niche role in being the peeler, the one who goes after adds and then brings them back to the warrior for taunting.

Then again I might just make a horde character to have a group of players to play with consistently. ;)
A vote for the Horde is a vote for freedom! I'm ready for more Horde action.
I wouldn't mind starting a Horde character; I'd appreciate suggestions on which race has the most interesting starting areas.

It's a good thing to shift to the Horde before I get one of each Alliance character. If that happened, I'd be putting a la carte before the Horde.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Both the taurens and undead have nice starting areas in my opinion. Orcs and Trolls start cheesy as they are quickly dumped into a barrens-like environment. After level 10 any horde character can go wherever he wishes, so I personally would head off to silverpine forest and the sepulcher as I find that the best area for a horde char in it's teens (and I hate the hunting quests in the crossroads,aside from the barrens still being too darn huge). Still undecided what race I'll pick. Hunters are available to Taurens, orcs and trolls, so I'm inclined to start another Tauren. I don't like the way trolls look. Maybe an orc, I don't know.

Another possibly interesting question; what server? I myself am ready for some pvp action but I know some (most?) of you are against that option. The next patch would bring fixes to the pvp environment though.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Quote:The next patch would bring fixes to the pvp environment though.
We'll see what they do, but I'd still be inclined to play on the Beta Server. The PvP server is populated by people LOOKING for ways to grief others so I generally want to stay clear. However, if the stuff they implement seems like it might actually DO something to fix the problems, then I might be willing to give it a go.

Of course, I've yet to play a Horde character out of the initial starting areas so I would probably prefer to explore, regardless, and stick to the Beta server.
-TheDragoon
I think my favorite from what I've seen was the Tauren starting areas. The quests are pretty cool and definitely fit the outlook of a Tauren character perfectly. That said, I'll probably be going for a Troll Shaman because I think think the way the Trolls look fits my picture of what a Shaman should be the closest. :)
-TheDragoon
I'd like to give the Horde a shot! I might occasionally flip over to my Alliance characters to keep them from getting over-rested, but I think playing a Troll would be a nice change of pace.

I will miss the gnome culture, however. :(
-TheDragoon
Crusader,Aug 6 2004, 12:47 PM Wrote:I myself am ready for some pvp action but I know some (most?) of you are against that option. The next patch would bring fixes to the pvp environment though.
As long as this kind of thing is going on on a regular basis, I myself would prefer to stay off the PvP server. I know that Blizzard is working on ways to stop this from going on, but all the incentives in the world they could put in to NOT do this still wouldn't stop it from happening. I'm eager to try out the PvP server at some point, but for one thing there are still many Lurkers who are in the "exploration" phase of the game. Exploring the World of Warcraft is very difficult if you get ganked by level 50's the moment you step out of the "safe" zones for your faction. Perhaps in Phase 5, but for Phase 4 I'll stick with the beta server. I miss my Horde characters, and I'm feeling like starting a Warrior. Yes, I didn't really like my first jaunt with one, but I'm determined to give the class a chance (especially now with talents) and develop one to maturity. I just can't decide whether to make my Horde warrior a Tauren or an Orc. :)

By the way, that thread linked to above makes for fascinating psychological reading. The posters in there run the gamut of "obvious griefers" to "those who don't understand PvP at all." While PvP is still completely pointless, I do enjoy the fact that it draws about 90% of all griefers AWAY from the beta server.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Well, I really want to play a hunter (along with everyone else) but I've wanted to play a shaman for longer now, and if we're going to the horde then I'm not going to pass up the oppurtunity.

This is the picture that first got me interested in playing a shaman, so I'm probably going to end up being an orc shaman. Also, orcs sure CAN dance!

If I were to choose a hunter though, I would definitely get one of those tide crawlers for my pet. :lol:
My favorite line from that thread is:

Quote: PvP servers are pretty much just prison colonies designed to keep those tools away from the regular players
:lol:
-TheDragoon
Actually in some ways the PvP server is better then Beta. Just look at this link, this would have never happened on PvP server:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx...&p=1#post179539

There are many different ways to grief without killing someone - hijack mineral nodes, train mobs, or even simply kill off the mobs that you need for the quest. On Beta server one cannot do anything about this, but on PvP server you can kill that person, or even get a group to kill them if the said person is significantly higher level.

Not really defending various ganking that goes on in PvP server, but rather poiting out that the Beta server isn't so wholesome either.

Edit: Oh, and don't go to PvP server if you decide to play horde. The Hillsbrad is just a mess.
Back on topic - Blizzard has released some preliminary Hunter info for reading before the patch comes.

-Bolty
I'm undecided about playing a hunter the next patch, because Blizzard has said that they won't have talents yet. I guess I'm getting tired of playing grossly unfinished character classes and want to play some classes that are a bit more polished and give me more options to choose from when making my character. For example, I would very much like to play a Warlock, but until warlocks get hammered out a little further and have some talents implemented, I'm going to hold off. But then again, I like the idea of taming and walking around with pets, so maybe I'll give the Hunter a try on a lark. Plus, it'll give me a chance to be on the front edge of making suggestions for what works and doesn't. I guess I just talked myself into it. :lol:
We're going to run into a slight problem though - too many Lurkers will be playing Hunters.

We've developed a "squad" of sorts of players who are all within 3 levels of each other at the high end - myself, Ruvanal, Roane, Tal, Lissa, and Armat. Together, we run the instances - lately we've been doing Uldaman. I'd be loathe to see such a squad consist of five Hunters and a Warrior (me), but that's what might wind up happening. Not that we wouldn't be effective, but as we're seeing with the squad we have now, 4 cloth wearers + 2 mail wearers = slight imbalance. We won't have any priests or healers, no nukers, etc.

Anyhow, food for thought. The WoW servers are going to be Hunter-crazy for the first few weeks after the next patch. :)

-Bolty
I will either play my already made Tauren Shaman (lv 11) or my Undead Mage (lv 18). I'm leaning more towards the mage as there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of people looking at playing their mages much this next push, most seem to be oriented towards either Hunter or Shaman and we'll need someone with good hitting potential.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.