Death's advocate approaches ... (Doom 3)
The original Resident Evil came out on the Playstation in 1996 if memory serves me right. There have been a number of additions over the years from Resident Evil 2 and 3 which also came out on the same console. Dreamcast sported a "Dreamcast only" Resident Evil X Codename veronica" which was very much later ported to both the Playstation 2 and the Gamecube. In addition to porting Codename Veronica, the Gamecube also got a version of RE2 and 3 which were quite awful ports. (No updated graphics.) Resident Evil (the original) as well as RE2 and 3 av all been ported to the PC with a varying degree of success. The most prominent RE games these days are Resident Evil remake and Resident Evil Zero for the gamecube. Come Christmas, we'll see the story continue (Resident Evil zero was a prequel) when Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil 2 makes his way across Europe 6 years after the Raccoon city-incident.

Whether or not you would label Resident Evil a console game or not (which would be hard to do, seeing as there are 3 RE-games out on the PC) is of little importance, as they're all great games.

(I choose to ignore the crappy cash-ins of the RE-franchise such as RE:Survivor, RE:Gunbattle and the sort)

edit: Oh and by the way: "I have a BFG9000 now. Ho ho ho ..."
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw