Use of Trade Skills
Hi

Unfortunately I'm not playing the WoW beta, but I have one question in preparation when it comes .2005?2006?

It says over at the Wow site that Warlocks have big restrictions on the weapons they can use:

Allowable weapons: Daggers, Wands, Staves (with training), Swords (with training)

But how would a Warlock fare who has invested in engineering as a Trade Skill?

[QUOTE]Engineering is used to assemble metal and stones into parts needed to make explosives, guns, scopes, bullets, mechanical dragons, aquatic helmets, and more. More than any other trade skill, engineering products require several steps to be completed.

As I understand it, an engineer can use all the stuff he makes, so a Warlock would command all the powers of darkness AND would be one-man industrial revolution with dynamite, guns and exploding sheep :ph34r:

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
He can make the guns, but he can't use the guns. They would be trade-fodder.

As for the dynamite and exploding sheep, yes, if he has the engineering ability to make those, then he can use those. Dynamite is the primary method for my Paladin to pull non-undead mobs since he can't use guns/ranged.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
To add to this, my priestess took up engineering specifically to arm herself with bombs so that she could have some kind of area-of-effect attack. The couple seconds of stun on an entire group of mobs -- or players -- is also very helpful. Plus, engineering allows you to make all kinds of neat gadgets like the Gnomish Cloaking Device (turns you invisible for 10 seconds), Gnomish Remote Control (allows you to control mechanical mobs -- sometimes), Goblin Jumper Cables (50% chance to rez someone -- great for classes who don't have a rez spell), Deepdive Helmet (let's you breathe underwater indefinitely), Parachute Cloak (+7 spirit and slows your fall rate for 30 secs -- I *love* my parachute cloak), and many more gadgets.
I myself use Skinning (trade fodder with higher-quality leathers, while lower-quality leathers are sold to NPCs for spare change), Mining (I mine and smelt the Ore I dig up), and Blacksmithing (I use the refined Ore to make nifty stuff.) Engineering does sound pretty sweet, though.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.