The Warcraft III Thread
I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks the firelord is cool. I went so far as to edit the model so he always glowed red, because I thought a firelord glowing green or blue just looked bad. B)

I find firelord to be a pretty good early hero but kind of lacks later game. Don't use him in FFA as my last game showed my enemies. :lol:
By "edit the model", do you mean change his Player Color from Match Owning Player to Player 1 (Red)? Or actually screw with the model file itself? If you changed his Player Color, I say he still looks cool glowing gray. Looks like ash.

Firelord is teh pwn for creeping. Summon a Lava Spawn, Soul Burn the biggest creep, and let Incinerate do the rest (what? Your Firelord doesn't know Incinerate? You idiot!).
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
I mean the model itself. It's just a simple text edit though but retains the team color on his armor because that is separate from the glow "aura" around him. I changed this:

Textures 7 {
Bitmap {
Image "Textures\clouds_anim1_bw.blp",
WrapWidth,
WrapHeight,
}
Bitmap {
Image "Textures\HeroAvatarFlame.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "",
ReplaceableId 2,
}

Bitmap {
Image "Textures\Clouds8x8.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "Textures\BloodBlobs1.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "",
ReplaceableId 1,
}
Bitmap {
Image "units\Creeps\HeroFlameLord\Clouds8x8Grey.blp",
}
}

to this:

Textures 7 {
Bitmap {
Image "Textures\clouds_anim1_bw.blp",
WrapWidth,
WrapHeight,
}
Bitmap {
Image "Textures\HeroAvatarFlame.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "ReplaceableTextures\Teamglow\Teamglow00.blp",
}

Bitmap {
Image "Textures\Clouds8x8.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "Textures\BloodBlobs1.blp",
}
Bitmap {
Image "",
ReplaceableId 1,
}
Bitmap {
Image "units\Creeps\HeroFlameLord\Clouds8x8Grey.blp",
}
}

When I say I'm a pro at WC3 map editing, it isn't an exaggeration. B)
So can you get an image up of the Firelord? :D
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
It's not something really spectacular, but since you ask. clicky

Edit: While I'm at it, because of my insomnia, I will load pics other junk I made. :D

ReEdit: The last stuff is a map I was working on. I'm still trying to decide if I want to make an alien vs predator type map or a starcraft one. I have all the mechanics worked out for aliens to auot-harvest civilians, but I'm not sure I want to do that anymore. If I ever find the modivation to ever finish that is. :P
I like that Spirit Walker Chieftan and the Orc Assassin. Could you put the model files for those up?
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
Both are just skins but sure.

For the Chieftain, use the textures\herotaurencheiftain.blp. That way you can use the Carin model and you only need one version of the skin for both the portrait and the unit models (the normal model uses separate identical skins for the portrait and model, very effiecient Blizz).

For the orc spear thrower (still very much a work in progress IMO, especially the team color) just use textures\bandit.blp. Note that this will also make the melee version of the bandit model be an orc because those both use the same skin.

Same link, bottom of the page. clicky
Er, how do we use these textures? I tried using a little MPQ editor thing and it didn't do much of anything, and I don't see a textures folder -_-
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Sep 27 2004, 01:19 PM Wrote:Er, how do we use these textures?  I tried using a little MPQ editor thing and it didn't do much of anything, and I don't see a textures folder -_-
[right][snapback]56539[/snapback][/right]

Feel free to insult my intelligence, SDA. I for one have no real idea what I'm doing.
If you are trying to get those to work in the MPQ WinMPQ should work to edit the MPQ itself. Though I'll warn you Blizzard has said even non-balance changes to the game can get your cd key banned on bnet. :angry:

What I use those for is importing to custom maps. Using the import manager you can stick just about anything into a warcraft 3 map... as the makers of "yummy picture" and "hentai show" 1, 2, 3 and 4 (among others) discovered. <_<

Also I forgot to direct you on over to http://www.wc3sear.ch/ for the best warcraft 3 model/skin/custom map in general site I know of. Maybe one of these days I will feel like uploading my earth/fire/storm models with death and dissipate animations there. :)
When I said I had no idea what I was doing...I meant that sincerely. Still do.
You should have been on bnet a couple days ago I went through most of this with Artega. :)

1st: Open map editor
2nd: Open map you want to use that new file (note: Blizzard marked maps will no longer be Blizzard marked maps after this.)
3rd: In the "module" menu select the "import manager" (bottom choice)
4th: Import the new file (use the arrow over the paper icon that points left)
5th: You now have a file with the path "war3mapImported\(name)" if this is a model (ends with .mdx), unless you are trying to mate it with a portrait, you need not change this. Skins (end with .blp, a select few use .tga) are a different matter. To determin what the path you need to change it to you should have a listfile of some kind. WinMPQ will let you extract one. For non-blizzard models they should tell you the file paths to use. (Some contain a path for the model to be set to. This is just for morons who ask before they try. "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MODEL??????????!!!!!1111" It also might be there to help the helpless get portraits to work.)

Some general rules to figure out what the filepath needs to be:

If the path is not "units\(race)\(unit name)\(unit name).blp" it is likely "textures\(unit name).blp" (such as the herotaurenchieftain).

Some are mispelled. For instance the path for the druid of the talon skin is "units\nightelf\druidotthetalon\druidofthetalon.blp".

If it is a model you imported the filepath and name you use does not matter but if it has a portrait (this would be a separate model) you need to put "_portrait" at the end of the model name. So for instance let's say I imported a model "bat.mdx" it would end up "war3mapImported\bat.mdx" for its portrait it would need to be "war3mapImported\bat_portrait.mdx".

If you are still confused I will edit this post to clarify rather than make a new one and force someone to jump around the topic. :)
I think I understand now. I just have to remember this long enough to try it out.

EDIT: Hold on...isn't .tga the ending used for screenshots?
Lady Vashj,Sep 30 2004, 09:09 AM Wrote:EDIT:  Hold on...isn't .tga the ending used for screenshots?

Yes that's the targa format if you want to convert try this program http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Tools&ID=6 I THINK that's the one I use but I don't remember where I downloaded mine.
Does anybody know which neutrals are good, and when to use them? I've been using the Panda and I've been having lots of fun (2nd hero as night elf) but I've seen reps of people using Naga Sea Wtich adn such. I'd rather not d/l any replays because I'm on 56k.
What UMS games do you guys enjoy? I haven't touched wc3 for a while, but I don't mind relaxing with a few UMS. :P
Archon_Wing,Oct 1 2004, 07:39 PM Wrote:What UMS games do you guys enjoy? I haven't touched wc3 for a while, but I don't mind relaxing with a few UMS. :P
[right][snapback]56876[/snapback][/right]

Too many really :P
Let's see, there's Tides of Blood, Defense of the Ancients (Both Allstars and original), Eve of the Apocalypse, Skibi Castle TD, Footmen Wars, Rival Nations, Enfo's Team Survival (There's an ETS 2 in the works, can't wait :D ). Those are the main ones I play, a few others I can think of are Island TD and Sunken Ruins of Discord. If you don't know where to get them either post here/pm me or google them.

Happy UMSing

SD
ShadowDragon,Oct 1 2004, 12:42 PM Wrote:Too many really&nbsp; :P
Let's see, there's Tides of Blood, Defense of the Ancients (Both Allstars and original), Eve of the Apocalypse, Skibi Castle TD, Footmen Wars, Rival Nations, Enfo's Team Survival (There's an ETS 2 in the works, can't wait&nbsp; :D ). Those are the main ones I play, a few others I can think of are Island TD and Sunken Ruins of Discord. If you don't know where to get them either post here/pm me or google them.
You went for sunken ruins of discord over my Battle for Icecrown! Ahhhhhhh! *Dies*

As for ETS 2 I know one of the people working on it and I helped him test week and a half or so ago. The spells, their damage, and effects seem to be almost completely trigger driven. I played as a hero that basicly summons a moon beam(or something don't remember exaclty what it was called) and then charges it up before the spell is actually cast. As of my testing there were only 2 completed heroes to choose from though.
Alright. If we can't get this clan thing going (which looks pretty dismal at this point) I guess I'll find you folks on b.net for these UMs's :)

Bah... I forget with the new forum, you don't have b.net screen names in the profile.