Necros in WOW?
A question:

As a Diablo II Necro-fan, I'd be interested if there are any Necros or Necro-type characters/classes in WOW? Also, if any, how good are they functioning and balanced?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Not really. The closest thing we get to a Necro is the Warlock, and it is only managing one minion at a time. Warlocks have curses, they steal souls, drain hit points, etc, which can be considered "necro-ish."

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Unfortunately the classic zookeeper would probably defeat a lot of the strategy inherent to a MMORPG, since the encounter sizes are so much smaller. If you could tie up 3-4 minions with just your skellies, everyone would play a necro. Not the best lag situation.
;)
There's at least ONE nercomancer in WoW that I know of. I killed him last night. :) He's an elite boss in Duskwood. His quest has you running all over Azeroth, but in the end, it's a good reward.

As far as player-type necromancers, sadly there are none. Bolty said that the Warlock is the closest thing and he's probably right, the Warlock being comparable to a Golem summoning Necromancer in D2. Hunters are always on the mind players these days, and they'll have pets as well. I envision them to be similar to the summoning druid in Diablo 2, but who knows what they'll end up being like.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
And how good are Warlocks (yet)? :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I'd tell ya, if I knew :)

But, here's Bolty's thoughts on the subject, and I believe they're still relevant to this current beta push.

EDIT: Typo
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*