Matching Doom III
Hi

The Doom III world belongs to NVIDIA. :o

Matching Doom III With The Best Graphics Card

I'm a NVIDIA Gamer...but I do love both Manufactures :D

Doom 3: Is your system ready?

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Er, is there a reason this couldn't have been simply added to the existing Doom 3 thread?

Curiosity/nit aside, Doom 3 runs fine on Medium at 1024x768 on my system - unless I haven't allowed the system to cool for a few moments after a War3 marathon, I never run into snags or hitches with a Radeon 9600 XT.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Aug 10 2004, 10:36 PM Wrote:Er, is there a reason this couldn't have been simply added to the existing Doom 3 thread?

Curiosity/nit aside, Doom 3 runs fine on Medium at 1024x768 on my system - unless I haven't allowed the system to cool for a few moments after a War3 marathon, I never run into snags or hitches with a Radeon 9600 XT.
Hi

I did Not see a Doom3 thread...is it on page 2 or 3...URL pls ?

I did find this Post using "My Assistant" search dealing with Game Play, not Hardware:

Death's advocate approaches ... (Doom 3)

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
The very same thread. While comparing Doom 3 hardware to Doom 3 gameplay is comparing apples to oranges, fruit is fruit, or that's the way I see it. Just a minor quibble, though.

Thanks for that linkie, though - it's nice to know where my rig stands relative to other mid-range systems ^_^
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Can you give us some numbers as to your framerate? I find it hard to believe that a 9600 can get more than like 40 fps at 1024x768.