Whoa! The Death Star is in our solar system!
clicky for linky

Quote:Soon after orbital insertion, Cassini returned its best look yet at the heavily cratered moon Mimas (398 kilometers, 247 miles across). The enormous crater at the top of this image, named Herschel, is about 130 kilometers (80 miles) wide and 10 kilometers (6 miles) deep.

The image was taken in visible light with the Cassini spacecraft narrow angle camera on July 3, 2004, from a distance of 1.7 million kilometers (1 million miles) from Mimas and at a Sun-Mimas-spacecraft, or phase angle of about 102 degrees. The image scale is 10 kilometers (6 miles) per pixel. The image has been magnified by a factor of two to aid visibility.

The Cassini-Huygens mission is a cooperative project of NASA, the European Space Agency and the Italian Space Agency. The Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a division of the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, manages the Cassini-Huygens mission for NASA's Office of Space Science, Washington, D.C. The Cassini orbiter and its two onboard cameras were designed, developed and assembled at JPL. The imaging team is based at the Space Science Institute, Boulder, Colo.

This is what's orbitting Saturn RIGHT NOW!
[Image: deathstar.jpg]
That's no Death Star!

That's a Space Boob!

... gargantuan, single, unfettered by cloth, and revolving in all its glory!
DeeBye,Jul 27 2004, 07:31 PM Wrote:This is what's orbitting Saturn RIGHT NOW!
[Image: deathstar.jpg]
I'm writing my local politicians to get the terror warning up to RED ALERT, and running to Walmart to stock up on Death Ray Shelter supplies.

I propose we send a crack team to intercept. I think Harison Ford is willing to accept. Now all we need is that damn Wooky.

-Munk
Ahhhh!!! Pity on the virgin eyes of the children! Think of the children! :ph34r: :blink: :P
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Is it mechanical, or is just a moon? I doubt its a breast...
It's the eyeball of a giant space monster. Somethng I read about saturn actually compared itto an eyeball, but death star sounds cooler.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
DeeBye,Jul 27 2004, 07:31 PM Wrote:This is what's orbitting Saturn RIGHT NOW!
Just be glad it's not orbiting Uranus.*

*Disclaimer: I know its a bad joke but what do you expect on very little sleep and playing entirely too much WoW? Apologies to anyone I may have offended with this little joke. :)
*runs off to warm up his X-Wing and stock up on Proton Torpedoes*
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
You can have your X-Wing, but not the proton torpedos...those belong to a different universe. :)
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
You're thinking of photon torpedoes. (Star Trek)

Star Wars does have proton torpedoes.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Hail Pakman,

are you sure about that? In the German translation, it's "proton" torpedoes, is it different in the original version, and if yes, what did Luke use to blow up Death Star #1?

Take care,

Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
Proton torpedoes are correct for the Star Wars universe.

In all truth, the proton torps of Star Wars and the photon torps of Star trek are one and the same: missiles with anti-matter warheads.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
I'm not as much of a nerd as I thought I was :( I am shamed.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Anti-matter warheads, in any case, are a science-fiction nightmare. Dangerous to manufacture, dangerous to store, dangerous to carry, and dangerous to lob at thine foes. At any point there the container could fail and the thing detonates when you least desire it to.

SF writers are seduced by such weapons through the potential energy release ("BIGGER"! so says the director of Wormhole X-Treme!) and neglect to dally with any and all of its liabilities.

I'd much rather use a spatial-shock disruptor warhead. And ships powered by metallic hydrogen reactors. ;)
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
So where are those silly droids with the plans? *worries*

Sailboat
If there is a bright center to the universe, the droids are now trapped in a place farthest from...

...my guess is they're in New Jersey.