"The Lurker Lounge" 5th Anniversary - Wallpaper
Dear Bolty, Staff Members & Lurkers,

for the celebration of the 5th Anniversary of the "Lurker Lounge", I've made this wallpaper. I've assembled it using some impressive shots from the very first "Diablo II" teaser trailer that was first shown to the public back in 1998. This less known "Diablo II" cinematic animation, which shows the journey of the Dark Wanderer (Diablo) to Tristram, has the darkest mood of all "Diablo II" teaser and in-game cinematics, and it's therefore my personal favorite.

The high-quality, 1024 x 768 version of this wallpaper (JPG-format, ~200 KB size) can be downloaded here:

"The Lurker Lounge" 5th Anniversary - Wallpaper: "Journey to Tristram" (1024 x 768)

I wish you, Bolty, many more exciting years with the "Lurker Lounge" and its great strategy infos and discussions around "Diablo" and other Blizzard games.

Here's hoping for a SOON™ to be announced DIABLO III that breathes some fresh life again into the more and more dull getting games industry! :)

[Image: 5_Years_Lurker_Lounge_2004_640.jpg]
"The Lurker Lounge" 5th Anniversary - Wallpaper: "Journey to Tristram", 640 x 480 preview version
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Nothing To see here.
Very impressive, Nobby! Great work! It's definitely going on my desktop ;)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
You suck! I was happy using a screenshot I took during a play of WoW, of my Tauren standing next to Cairne in Thunder Bluff, as a wallpaper, but then you have to make something this damned cool, and now I have to change my wallpaper! You are t3h suxx0rz!!!111

Heh, that's totally awesome, nobbie. Very well done ^_^

BTW, that trailer (definitely the best) can be found on the Brood War CD.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
teh ubar image! Ph34r the Wanderer! Too many exclamation marks!

:)

thanks nobbie!

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
My new wallpaper! Probably for quite some time to come. And saved on my hard drive. :)

Mind if I dump this on the site for storage? You'll get full credit, of course.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Thanks folks, glad you like it!

Sure, Bolty. Go ahead! :D

You may also want to announce it on the main news site, so that it gets widely distributed ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Jul 21 2004, 04:07 AM Wrote:You may also want to announce it on the main news site, so that it gets widely distributed ;)
Wow, you made it on the STSI of both site sections! Amazing what bribing me by appeasing my ego gets you. :-)

Also updated: site history...been a while since it was last updated.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
That looks good, Bolty :D
edited