Ancients Quest
I was playing on my level 52 druid on USEast in nightmare. I join a game and we get to the nightmare ancients. We stand around for about a minute before we are ready. We hit the switch, we kill the ancients (despite damn baal runners leeching in our game).

I click the quest button.

"Consult the ancients"

What??

I just killed the ancients and was given NO reward. The quest was not completed. Did I do something wrong? I certaintly did a lot of damage to them, and was present the entire time. After the quest, all three were bronze again and standing as statues. I asked my two allied members if they got quest, but they quit before responding. I suppose they did.

I can't think of anything I did that was 'wrong' or would give me this result. Is this a bug? Any ideas?
Munkay,Jul 20 2004, 05:43 AM Wrote:After the quest, all three were bronze again
They should've been silver before you started; if they're bronze, then I postulate that the game was created by someone who had already done the quest, which will prevent you from being able to do it in that game.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Aye, that was an issue with language, I ment to say they were bronze. Strike the again. They were crusty and old before the quest started.

-Munk
So did you make the game? If not, than somebody who had already done the quest did...
Alright, look. I joined the game. The quest was open. When we killed the ancients it said

'Consult the ancients on arreat summit.'

This would mean that the quest was not done previously.

-Munk
Have you since tried to do the ancients again?
Yeah. The quest worked the second time, though same circumstances, I joined a game, killed them and got credit.

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary or special the time it didn't work, hence me posting this and asking if it was a glitch.

-Munk
It couldnt have been created by someone who had alerady done ancients, Because If munkay checked his quest log and it doesnt say "you cannot complete this quest in this game", and it says "consult the ancients" instead, That means he did not finish the quest, But he could complete it.
Heh , you've outposted me in just 15 days , not that I'm counting mind :P . But why are you bumping months old threads ? is it just to gain posts ?
Take care