WW bug
I was playing as a WW Barb in Nm yesterday, and was saving Deckard Cain from Tristram. Along come these super unique skeletons with their minions. One of them has blessed aim. So I'm trapped ahead of Griswold and with these 20 something skeletons banging away at me. SO I try my crow control skill.

i select WW and click behind the mob. Nothing happens.I'm spinning in place and not losing mana. Good thing? Not in the least. I'm doing zero damage and losing life fast.

No need to guess but i died and lost exp. :angry:

This happened again twice today I tried leap attacking away, but I just jump in the same place. My shift key isn't stuck and even Tp won't help.

Anyone have the same problems? Is this even a bug?

Anyway thanks in advance,
Cheers :ph34r:
The leap thing is known and not a bug. Leap (attack) is interruptable, thus if you're hit mid-jump you jump in place. No clue about WW, it is uninterruptable so (?).
Is this on Battle.net? I admittedly don't know much, but could it be something as simple as Desychronization and Lag?

-Munk
Quote:Posted on Jul 14 2004, 04:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this on Battle.net? I admittedly don't know much, but could it be something as simple as Desychronization and Lag?

No, It's in Sp. Idon't know about b.net.

However I have noticed it happens in narrow spaces. Also when I Tp back to town and try to move, he doesn't. He just does a moonwalk in the same place.

Thanks
Cheers :ph34r:
Hi,

This issue reminds me of the old 'being stuck'-bug. I thought it was fixed somewhere between 1.08 and 1.10, but oh well.
You said you were taking damage while dealing none? You were moonwalking in the same place?
I had some screenies up where that happened to my sorceress... Wait, where are they...
Ah.
My Screenshotpage
Don't know for sure, but this one sounds quite similar, although my little witch couldn't tp back to the village... Hm.
I think I tried a re-install back then, and I think that helped.
Just give it a try, it can't hurt! :)

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
I'd say you're desynched with the server. Happens alot with barbs, as they have increased speed.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Quote:No, It's in Sp. Idon't know about b.net.

:P
STOP MAKING SENSE! :ph34r: :D
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Munkay,Aug 16 2004, 11:31 PM Wrote::P
It's still client/server, although you're less likely to lag to yourself. It IS possible, though.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Well, I dont know whats going on. I know sometimes people say they dont WW at all because they are clicking on a rock or something. But if you ww in place and not loase mana, I dont know. What might be happening is, If you were near cain's cage, It locks certain areas of movement (such as you cannot walk on the metal cage support arm) So maybe something happened and you suddenly moved to a locked location while WW Tries to move you. Otherwise, You are near the support and clicking near it when you WW. You would not move because You cannot reach there normally, And you would not do damage because WW never stays in one place, So whenever it does damage, you are moving. But since you are not moving, It only authenticates the fact that you just activated WW, but it has not damaged any enemies because the move-attack script or whatever has not initiated.