Undead stygian dolls in the swampy pit
Hi,

I'm a SP MA/SD assy , currently level 59 in act 3 NM. Last night I went into the swampy pit, and those %$*& undead stygian dolls killed me a few times, didnt even give me time to gulp a red or purple. I do need to bump up my dex, as I'm not hitting as much as I would like, and my vit, as I only have about 450 life or so IIRC. (sorry, dont have the exact figures here). I have been letting my SM and my HF merc deal with them as much as possible, and for the most part it works, but I encounter a lot of boss/champ packs, and this is trouble. Any good ideas for dealing with this? Thanks.
forgot to ask at amazon, how'd you get past andariel and Duriel with this character?

If you read this first I have an actual answer at the amazon basin.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Yeah, thanks for your reply at AB, just read/replied to that board. For Andy and Duriel, I pretty much just used my level 1 tiger and my level 1 cobra, with normal attack as finishing move, and just hacked away. I did this in both normal and NM.

It took a long time, and I had to stock up on poison resist against Andy and cold resist against Duriel. I believe I also used a couple of antidote pots against Andy to max out my poison resist, and ditto for thawing pots to max my cold resist against Duriel.

I now have maxed all 4 resists (at 75) in NM, including the -40 resist penalty, and without antidote/thawing pots. I even took off some of my elemental resist charms and stashed them in ATMA to make more inventory room, and they are still at 75 across the board.
Quote:Hi,

I'm a SP MA/SD assy , currently level 59 in act 3 NM. Last night I went into the swampy pit, and those %$*& undead stygian dolls killed me a few times, didnt even give me time to gulp a red or purple. I do need to bump up my dex, as I'm not hitting as much as I would like, and my vit, as I only have about 450 life or so IIRC. (sorry, dont have the exact figures here). I have been letting my SM and my HF merc deal with them as much as possible, and for the most part it works, but I encounter a lot of boss/champ packs, and this is trouble. Any good ideas for dealing with this? Thanks.

Hi there friend, I can easily understand your frustration I have usuually encountered these beasts
in the Flayer Jungle Catacombs, the sewers under the Kurast Bazaar, and in the search for
Mephisto after destroying the council and the compelling orb on Travincal. They are super fast
and don't give you much chance. I have found the best way to survival is to be armed with a bow
but still run like hell usually and let my NPC deal with matters. I was actually hoping that someone
here would have found a solution. After all it is somewhat ridiculous that some undersized dolls
should be able to damage a well armored hero who is capable of killing all three Prime Evils.
Regards Jack Boardman