Convergence of Realities
For the past five nights I have been playing a lot of WoW (and will get back on as soon as this headache goes away). Much of my time is spent bashing wolves and coyotes, and this morning my few hours of fitful sleep were filled with images of horrid wolves.

My commute to work is through woods and wetlands -- deer, wildflowers, giant birds, bunnies, deadly vipers. Usual stuff. Today as I crossed the wooden footbridge over the stream, on the path ahead there was a fox. Not sure what level. I had my staff, of course, but no dynamite. Fortunately the beast ran off towards the farmer's field.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
That's interesting. Were you actually thinking that as you drove?

I sometimes have dreams that put me in computer games and than give them th dream treatment. Sometimes I get confused by dreams for a few minutes, but I haven't had anything like that happen when I was out of bed.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Hi,

Years ago when I read the Amber series by Zelazny it made such an impression on me that I would often find myself shadow shaping as I drove along. Never did get out of Eastern Washington, though :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

You need to party up with a Priest for your next commute.
I'm playing Thief: Deadly Shadows right now. Certainly not conducive to my standing within the community... ;)
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Minionman,Jun 30 2004, 10:48 PM Wrote:That's interesting.  Were you actually thinking that as you drove?
Ah, no...these days I don't drive. My commute to work is down a woodland path with deer and wildflowers. Occasional humanoids. I sometimes stop to chat with turtles. The giant birds, black squirrels and bunnies I can handle, but the deadly vipers frighten me out of my gourd. Pretty colors though.
LavCat,Jul 2 2004, 12:00 AM Wrote:Ah, no...these days I don't drive.  My commute to work is down a woodland path with deer and wildflowers.  Occasional humanoids.  I sometimes stop to chat with turtles.  The giant birds, black squirrels and bunnies I can handle, but the deadly vipers frighten me out of my gourd.  Pretty colors though.
And that would get you more mixed up. Do you have punching skills, or whatever the world of warcraft equivalent is? I don't play, so I could only get mixed up from other games.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
The World Portal I normally take to get to work was down for maintenance today :( I actually had to get in my car and drive to work , and earned 2500 experience points in the process so I guess it wasn't so bad in the long run ......
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
How's this for twisted? I read "...Realities of Convergence" and immediately thought about boresighting a Mustang's guns so the inners converged at 250 yards, the middles at 300, and the outers at 350.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Minionman,Jul 1 2004, 10:58 PM Wrote:And that would get you more mixed up.  Do you have punching skills, or whatever the world of warcraft equivalent is?  I don't play, so I could only get mixed up from other games.

No, melee with deadly vipers is not something for which I have enough experience or training. My staff can block some attacks, but I don't have high agility. In a search I did find viper armor on web, but it is fairly expensive and a bit uncomfortable looking for summer wear.

Unfortunately the viper was guarding the exit from the bridge, so after a bit of a standoff I had to backtrack and ford the stream further down. When I made it back to the far side of the bridge, the Agkistrodon was gone and had not respawned.

I must say it made an interesting excuse for being late, but my boss said I should have used a ranged attack to drive the creature off. Easy for him to say.

[Image: acm.jpg]

The giant birds, by the way, are herons.
I am so completely... lost :blink:
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
You should invest some points into the Cartography skill :P
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
Today on my commute to work I crossed the stream over the footbridge and came out of the woods into the pleasant farmland. In addition to the usual bunnies, birds and such I surprised a bunch of humanoids armed with shovels and surveying instruments.

The side of their truck read "Van Cleef Engineering Associates."
Time to get paranoid B)
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
naturally timid
Rhydderch Hael,Jul 1 2004, 06:34 PM Wrote:I'm playing Thief: Deadly Shadows right now. Certainly not conducive to my standing within the community...  ;)
Well, one of the administrators of the official Thievery forums that I frequent had a door-to-door salesman for ADT security systems show up at her door... After listening through the whole (rather inspiring speech), he left a brochure, with his name, and number...

His name was... Garret. :blink:

"Casing the joint," anyone? :D