Norton Security Problems
Ok, I've had Norton 2002 since...well 2002, but recently I've been having some problems in relations to Internet Explorer. Whenever I try to connect to a webpage, the wait time is horribly long, and I'm lead to believe that Norton is the problem because there is no such wait when I have Security disabled. Is it possible that I'm having a conflict with my router or the fact that I've got a DMZ running? Any help or suggestions would be more than appreciated :)
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
A DMZ setup should not interfere with surfing webpages, because surfing webpages only uses outgoing connections (btw: are you sure you actually need that ? Home users usually do not need a DMZ. For most applications, a simple portforwarding does the trick as well and is not such a high security risk).
It seems unlikely to me that your security software 'conflicts' with your router.

I don't have any experience with Norton 2002, so I cannot help you much there. Since these problems occured just recently, maybe reinstalling the thing or cleaning caches and the like will help.
Er, don't use Norton?

I've never much liked that company :blink:
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Have you run adaware? I understand that there are some ads that Norton attempts to shut down when they activate - could account for the slow down.
Yes, I run both AdAware and Spybot daily...I really dunno anymore...maybe I should just switch over to mozilla or opera for my browser?
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"