Dying while dead
I thought I sent this a few hours ago before I went to bed, but obviously I was then a bit impaired:

In stormwind there is a building I believe known as the stockade. In the basement there live level twenty something bandits, who killed my then level 10 paladin in one hit.

As a spirit I would go down the stairs and stand on my corpse, but I would never get a dialog box to accept resurection. To add insult to injury, the bandits would kill me on sight again and again while I was still dead (just like in DII). But while you are dead in WoW you cannot even defend yourself!

Anyone else ever try this? I finally had to take the experience loss. Unfair, I say. You would think they at least would station an archangel or someting at the entrance to give warning.

And on the subject of strange things why are there undead NPC's in Stormwind? And what do they pay those stormtrooper guards for? I was attacked and killed by a spider while standing next to one.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Here are my guesses: The reason you weren't getting a resurrection dialog was because you weren't dead. The reason the mobs were attacking you was also because you weren't dead.

When you die in an instanced dungeon and release, you are resurrected automatically as soon as you re-enter the instance. The stockades are an instance. This is a feature rather than a bug.

The stockades are a popular stomping grounds for parties around level 25. There are some clues around the area to indicate this, but you certainly aren't the only person who has ever stumbled down there without knowing what you were getting into.
But if I were alive, why was my body still lying on the ground? I didn't look alive, and I sure didn't feel alive. Maybe it was lag?
When you die in an instance, your body remains on the ground. Also, when you are resurrected in instances, instead of usual 50% health/mana that you get on normal resurrection you restart with 1 life/mana.
Speaking of dying while dead, I've discovered you can be killed by a long drop even while doing the Misty Marathon.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
LavCat,Jun 27 2004, 06:04 PM Wrote:And on the subject of strange things why are there undead NPC's in Stormwind?
Where are these Lavcat?
The woman I saw was at a dead end at the far end of the canal. Her aura was green. I only saw her once, but I have not gone looking for her either, she rather frightened me.
I wonder if you came upon the spirit that is part of one of the quests? It does appear at the end of one of the canals in Stormwind.
I know that some (enemy) shamans in push 1 would see and attack spirits, this was clearly intended. Your problem sound more like a bug though.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Bun-Bun,Jul 7 2004, 12: Wrote:Speaking of dying while dead, I've discovered you can be killed by a long drop even while doing the Misty Marathon.
I can verify this! The stupid elves don't put guard rails on their trees. Tribade finally had to swim half way around Teldrassil to get what was left of her body back.
LavCat,Jul 9 2004, 12:53 PM Wrote:I can verify this!  The stupid elves don't put guard rails on their trees.  Tribade finally had to swim half way around Teldrassil to get what was left of her body back.
http://www.inktank.com/AT/index.cfm?nav=768

^_^

I love Angst Technology.
As a new variation on this theme, tonight while I was engaged in combat with a humanoid, the game logged a critical error. When I restarted the game, I was miles away in the graveyard. As I went running toward my corpse, I could not find me on the minimap. It eventually dawned on me that I wasn't dead. I did not seem to lose experience -- but if I wasn't dead, why did I wake up in the graveyard? Very strange.
Quote:It eventually dawned on me that I wasn't dead

Is it realy that hard to tell ingame if your dead or not?
I thought I read that yuor charecter apeared ghostly and you kind of hovered instead of walking. Maybe this has changed.
Its something they deffinitly need to work on.
It should be obvious to you and other players if your dead or not
You don't hover, but you do run considerably faster than normal, have a translucent character, and hear some pretty goulish sound affects in place of background music. But, this is an instinctive reaction. If you get popped off the server and log back in, and your character is now standing in a graveyard, you might immediately start running to the area you were in before and glance up at the minimap for your corpse. It's a trained response from dying many times, respawning in graveyard, and doing this.
Hmm, well, when I'm dead, the world is black and white. It's pretty easy for me to tell... maybe it's different for other people? Does anyone else turn black and white when dead?
That's new as of the latest patch. It used to look the same.