Looking for a chuckle?
Artega,Jun 28 2004, 06:04 AM Wrote:On a completely unrelated note: stay the hell away from Morrowind.  It's the most addictive game I've played since D2 :blink:
Well,
I finally managed to get it going about a month ago and you are right, unfortunately I quit a short time thereafter due to two things:
1) load times (takes ages to load each area, I think my machine is too old)
2) alchemy. Once I found that shop sellers instantly regenerate their alchemy items, I ended up at 100 alchemy, and could afford to buy anything (including training so I was at about 60 for everything I could train in)... kinda wrecked the experience.
Will keep the game around for when I get my next computer, hopefully they will have stopped the shop regenerating alchemy items (or make pots sell for 1 gold only or diminishing returns or something)
I havn't tried any of the mods for Morrowind myself but I heard that some mods are incredibly good, perhaps you should try them (I would have but I simply don't got the strength to reinstall the damn thing!)
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
It is a single player game. You just have to control your impulse to tweak the game. There are any number of known expolits in the game.

So, make and follow some rules that will prevent you from spoiling your game experience.

But, for a good time in the console try clicking on all the guards in a town and issue a "forcejump" command on them. It goes away once you reload the game, so it won't mess anything up.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Yes, there is an Alchemy Balance mod.

I have 81 mods installed to alter the game to my preferences. Many of them correct things that are unbalanced in the game.

My favorite currently is Vampire Embrace and Scripted Spells which allow you to overpower you enemies in combat and then either enslave them or force turn them to vampirism, or you can charm mortals and get them to submit to vampirism -- in either case these minions are now under your command.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

whyBish,Jul 31 2004, 02:53 AM Wrote:hopefully they will have stopped the shop regenerating alchemy items (or make pots sell for 1 gold only or diminishing returns or something)
If it bothers you so much, then DON'T DO IT! Is self-constraint so hard to conceive?

It is also possible to train nearly every skill to 100 if you manage to seek out the master trainers (who are able to train to 100) of each skill. Pfft. Lots of other loopholes too. Easy to make money (for those that know how) easy to level certain skills, easy to whatever. Hell, you can destroy the Lorkhan heart with enough magically induced strength--and without Kagenrec's tools.

Hey Kandrathe, did you know the official 2.1 Vampiric Embrace release is out? I'm using it alongside "Partners unsexed" and having a loyal following fill my Univerity is very fun. Some people have houses, some people have Dark Clubs. I have a cave-hole and a university building outside balmora.

Additionally, I have made myself a staff of infinite near infinite holding (Constant Feather effect with value of 9000). I can now carry everything! But to balance that, it is carried on the weapon slot. So my PC is overencumbered whenever she has to fight, and cannot physically run or jump away. Fun fun.
Drasca,Aug 2 2004, 05:39 PM Wrote:If it bothers you so much, then DON'T DO IT! Is self-constraint so hard to conceive?
Obviously.

I was surprised at a game that comes so recommended haaad such an obvious hole, considering that I had all of the latest patches... especially since so many lurkers have played it :P
I was surprised at a game that comes so recommended haaad such an obvious hole, considering that I had all of the latest patches... especially since so many lurkers have played it

Yep. Quite a glaring contrast to Diablo, which doesn't have any major exploits or balance problems to worry about. :P
Like the glaring ~ key which opens the console and allows you to type commands to alter anything in the real time. :blink:

How do you save a *.swf file to disk?
unrealshadow13,Aug 2 2004, 08:55 PM Wrote:How do you save a *.swf file to disk?
From cache?

O.o??

How do you get a *.swf off of tar intarweb and onto your computer (without the website linking to a *.zip?)
Nystul,Aug 2 2004, 08:47 PM Wrote:Yep.  Quite a glaring contrast to Diablo, which doesn't have any major exploits or balance problems to worry about.
Exactly!
Oh wait ... that was sarcasm...
where were the sarcasm tags ... doh, wrong thread :P
Angst on Battle.Net