An Alternative to Google
This isn't new news by any means, but the search engine at Scirus is a great alternative to Google if you're trying to search for information of the scientific nature. Search for "spears", and you'll get results relating to asparagus (among other things), and not Britney.

Google's still the king for generic searches (A9 is nice, but Google is still the best), but I've taken to using Scirus for research needs.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Hi,

I'd missed that one completely and have spent hours doing searches with long lists of "not including" to get the general stuff out of the technical searches. You've probably given me a few extra hours a week -- thank you.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Plucked it out of the back section of a recent issue of Popular Science, amid all of the sexual-enhancement and home-gym-equipment ads. ^_^
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Jun 27 2004, 10:11 AM Wrote:This isn't new news by any means
It was news to me! I wish I knew about this when I was doing some recent medical research. My first try gave me far more info then I ever found using multiple Google permutations. Extreme coolness. Thanks!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Very nice indeed. I got some great information on skin treatment and sit-ups. I never knew I shouldn't fold my hands behind my neck or head.

I'll defintely bookmark this!
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
MOOKBARKED!